Strines Road Murders!

Not sure of the solicitor,s name, but this was around 1986. The murder was in Ughill (near Bradfield) and the solicitor was eventually arrested at the top of Notradame Cathedral in Paris.

Originally posted by rickb

Not sure of the solicitor,s name, but this was around 1986. The murder was in Ughill (near Bradfield) and the solicitor was eventually arrested at the top of Notradame Cathedral in Paris.

IIRC, the woman who was murdered was the ex-wife of one of my old teachers from Myers Grove.

Welcome to the forum Rickb! :wave:

K x

Hi rick b I believe the actual murder was at ahouse on a road which ran round the back of the old Mojo club cant think of the name and Ialso think it was Reims Cathedral I apologise if I am wrong. arthur.

The solicitor was called Woods, his office was at meadowhead, the crime started when he stole a large amount of clients money. I beleave he got into finacial trouble and lived above his means, he also left a child for dead who im sure survived being shot. There was a book out a few years ago (i think it was called yorkshire murders) and this story was included.

is he still in prison ?

he is still in prison but must be due for parole soon.

I thought it was a french nanny he shot not his wife.

I remember him on top of the cathedral in Paris like yesterday.

the person whose wife was shot was the head of my 1st year at myers at one point his son was blinded but got his eye sight back after this happened it was quite clear that it had affected him big time if you were female he would let you get away with murder(pardon the pun) but with the lads he was a funny bugger never liked the guy personaly but sad about what happened.

IIRC, the woman who was murdered was the ex-wife of one of my old teachers from Myers Grove.

And mine, K.... While I was there.....!

A friend of mine used to be Ian Wood's secretary.

She was amazed when this came out. She always said he was mild mannered and a thoroughly nice guy and could not believe he would do this.

His Name was Ian Wood of Denton And Wood Solicitors. I visted him once to have conveyancing done on my house. I ussed to see Alison Denton but she was on hoilday at the time so he stepped in. Seemed a nice bloke at the time. You never know who youre takling to do you!!