Sign in to follow this  

Confusion of the modern day

Is moving to the euro a bad thing?

Call me a young stick in the mud if you will, But I love my country, I am British and proud. Now for some that makes me racist and that comment seems to be polictically incorrect unless you happen to come from any other country in the world other than Great Britain.

I seriously have to wonder and question what the international desire with Great Britain is (BTW why are we not allowed to call our country Great Britain anymore?). Since the dawn of time cultures have seen fit to move here and conquer and live.

If we are not that special then why don't they - didn't they leave us alone????? If we have nothing to offer the world anymore then why don't they - didn't they leave us alone??

The countries of the world have been after what this small, tiny and insignificant island has for millenia, and now they have found a way to get their grubbies on it. They wipe it's people into the floor, making them believe their country and them are worth nothing and then dupe them into believing they would be much better off with a bigger organisation.

Different information is circulating about what Europe can and can't do for us.

Financially I don't really give a rats arse, I don't assign to that religion anymore and there is no price tag on the British Isles last time I looked.

From my own unquie and personal POV, this whole thing doesn't come down to what europe can and can't do for the British Isles. There is absolutely nothing europe can do for us that we cannot and have not done for ourselves. It comes down to a simple belief in ones self worth.

There was an article on the BBC news this week in which an MP mentioned a move into Europe would spark civil war. No chance is there?? Because the British haven't the balls, Brussels have told them so.

Moon Maiden

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

Is moving to the euro a bad thing?

Call me a young stick in the mud if you will, But I love my country, I am British and proud. Now for some that makes me racist and that comment seems to be polictically incorrect unless you happen to come from any other country in the world other than Great Britain.

I seriously have to wonder and question what the international desire with Great Britain is (BTW why are we not allowed to call our country Great Britain anymore?). Since the dawn of time cultures have seen fit to move here and conquer and live.

If we are not that special then why don't they - didn't they leave us alone????? If we have nothing to offer the world anymore then why don't they - didn't they leave us alone??

The countries of the world have been after what this small, tiny and insignificant island has for millenia, and now they have found a way to get their grubbies on it. They wipe it's people into the floor, making them believe their country and them are worth nothing and then dupe them into believing they would be much better off with a bigger organisation.

Different information is circulating about what Europe can and can't do for us.

Financially I don't really give a rats arse, I don't assign to that religion anymore and there is no price tag on the British Isles last time I looked.

From my own unquie and personal POV, this whole thing doesn't come down to what europe can and can't do for the British Isles. There is absolutely nothing europe can do for us that we cannot and have not done for ourselves. It comes down to a simple belief in ones self worth.

There was an article on the BBC news this week in which an MP mentioned a move into Europe would spark civil war. No chance is there?? Because the British haven't the balls, Brussels have told them so.

Moon Maiden

That'll do Donkey, That'll do! :wink:

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

Well you did ask Bouncer :P

Moon Maiden

That wasn't meant as an insult, it was an agreement about some of your points. Nor was it a request to cease your ramblings (not that I thought they were :P ).