Who's the best BJJ team in Sheffield/area?

oh yeh,and chefkicker.Want2learns question was,

"where is the best place to learn bjj properly?"

As graciebarra has blackbelts regularly on the mat,some of whom are world champions,

and as these blackbelts are chosen to teach by carlos gracie himself because of their ability to teach what they are experts in,

and as the results gained by gracie barra sheff at bjj tournaments compared to the results gained at bjj by the other school,shows the results of this blackbelt tuition.

And as these blackbelts actually teach the instructors at the other school i`ll just repeat myself shall I chefkicker?

"where is the best place in sheffield to learn bjj properly?"

Gracie barra,no contest.

Anyone implying that a bluebelt in bjj can teach as well as the blackbelt that teaches them is an idiot.

Missing the point of what I was saying. See next quote

Most people who leave graciebarra do so as it is easier to get a belt from another team,they cant live with the standards set by graciebarra.
For instance, a graciebarra bluebelt may be a lot better than a blackbelt from another style according to your thinking. So does a black belt from what you consider an inferior/easier style make for a better teacher that a blue belt from your style?

Besides being good at something is quite separate from being able to teach it well.

Troyhark, you are right about my post, but ironically your posts bore out my predictions.

So how is pointing out that different organisations have different standards or that teaching ability is not linked to grade unhelpful? And you don't have to have trained at any the specific clubs that are being argued about to know that. Plus how do you know whether or not I've trained at any the the places mentioned in OP?

No aggression or posturing on my side either as I've been impartial on this matter. Even when I was called an idiot, when my post was misread. So which prediction did I prove correct?

The deeper irony is that your second post is as unhelpful as your first and could be construed as aggressive!:D

Answering my questions would be helpful :) And I don't mean that in an aggressive, posturing way, I am in fact just curious.

apologies troyhark. You are absolutely correct in a lot of what you have said.

Missed your question - I think it was BJJA. Lots of badges, just like a boy scout. He was very good at twiddling and twirling various weapons kata style though.

apologies troyhark. You are absolutely correct in a lot of what you have said.

no problem.:thumbsup:

My original post was a crude attempt at reverse psychology, i've rarely seen a post which puts two clubs head to head acheive anything but chaos.

Missed your question - I think it was BJJA. Lots of badges, just like a boy scout. He was very good at twiddling and twirling various weapons kata style though.

:) You're on the wrong track altogether troy! BJJ is Brazilian Jujitsu. BJJA is the British Jujitsu Association, a regulatory organisation for Traditional Jujitsu.

BJJ is much more of a sport, doesn't involve any weapons, is almost entirely concentrated on ground grappling and submissions and is a useful or even essential adjunct to realistic training methods and MMA. Belts are given after the student is observed fighting others and showing a good level of technique and sportsmanship, rather than a kicking air etc. type grading (I'm afraid I personally rate belts gained in this way as next to meaningless). A blue belt from any BJJ organisation should be more competent than an average traditional 1st dan (in terms of actual fighting ability, I realise this isn't the endpoint of all arts anyway so this comparison might not always be meaningful).

This is literally the top result from putting BJJ into google video search, but is quite topical - what happens when you put a shotokan black belt against a BJJ blue belt? This: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-60512801687928577&q=bjj

And this isn't really topical at all, but here's the best unarmed fighter in the world: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-8762652198751834650&q=fedor

Chill out boys. Everyone has there own opinion, and opinions are like arseholes everyone has one !!!

Yup, and just like arseholes, opinions are fun to wave around at people and generally **** them off. Your point being? :o