1970's shops in sheffield

deano

can any one remember grays motor cycle shop on division street and frank ropers london road on of the fist car spares as well as fred nags ,v s bentlys,bradburys...sta prest iv got you can wash em jump on em the creese never goes..good days 70s aleast u did not get muged raped and your car,scooter.was their when you came back..well nothing got realy took you could leave your back door open no one came in..its gone to pot now know one cares now........

Over the years i have patronised many pubs but the one that i remember best was the Brunswick on Grimesthorpe Rd ,Dick Finney was the landlord,he and his wife dear old Kath,there are no pubs now that have an atmosphere like the old ones did or beer either for that matter.It has been closed over 30 years now but i still miss it

Walshes was on the other side of High St Joan. It's now T J Hughes.

Yes...and out of their side door and you were opposite The Claymore, or next to The Mulberry Tavern.

Very handy, that side door...

Leave the Mrs inside Walsh's doing the Xmas shopping, and you could slip out for a pint.

Not that I ever did, obviously...

Hi Martin 1 print,

In the mid late 60's I was always under the impression that Violet Mays was at the bottom of Duke Street, in 1968 I bought my first Car Radio from there.

I might be mistaken as it was nearly 40 years ago

Regards Dave

Who can remember the ex WD Stores oposite West Bar police station, where you could get anything from Bomb Sites Morse Keys and much more. It was a circular building single story and was a Aladins Cave to all young wouldbe engineers, sadly missed

Dave

Hi Martin 1 print,

In the mid late 60's I was always under the impression that Violet Mays was at the bottom of Duke Street, in 1968 I bought my first Car Radio from there.

I might be mistaken as it was nearly 40 years ago

Regards Dave

Correct - before she moved in to town, she was down there (except I thought that road was called 'Blonk St' - I'm probably wrong) near Granelli's ice cream shop...