Possible closure of Woodhouse Jobcentre

I went to a public meeting in Woodhouse last night about a campaign to stop the closure of Woodhouse jobcentre.

I think this is a terrible attack on our local public services if this goes ahead.

There are enough things closed in Woodhouse without the job centre closing too. Can`t think of another use for this building at present but will keep thinking about ! .......

Isn't Woodhouse a one-stop-shop for benefits?

Where are they expecting people to sort things out from if they close it?

I'm sure it'll deter the people from St Anne's from hanging round the square a bit though.... they'll relocate to Crystal Peaks :suspect:

People with a real need including and yes some of the guys from St Anne's will have nowhere to go in their hour of need they'll be forced to travel to town and most of they have hardly got enough money to live on let alone pay outrageous bus fares to get to town plus the jocentre dosn't just serve Woodhouse it services areas for miles around e.g Beighton, Southall, Hackenthorpe and more...

And only a couple of months after I put all their new computers in too :loopy:

And only a couple of months after I put all their new computers in too :loopy:

Sounds about par for the course for government planning. :rolleyes:

nobody signs on in woodhouse anymore?

god, me moving and getting a jobs really hit things hard

I thought Beighton had opened a new job centre? i might be mistaken but thats what i heard. If thats true then that could be the reason for woodhouse closing.

i think they should build another pub yeahhhhhhhhh

I thought Beighton had opened a new job centre? i might be mistaken but thats what i heard. If thats true then that could be the reason for woodhouse closing.

Nope no Jobcentre opened in Beighton so if this closure goes ahead then everyone will have to go to town.

This happened in several areas of Lincolnshire ages ago. I worked WITH Jobcentre Plus and got made redundant myself, along with my two collegues. Just a cost cutting excercise. Makes you sick, grrrrr. Never mind the punters eh?

Never mind the punters?

Like they were ever bothered about the 'punters' in Woodhouse JC anyway :roll:

Serves 'em bloody right, being shut down. They should have thought of that instead of stuffing chocolate in their faces and nattering to their mates when people are waiting with queries - and have the audassity to give foul looks when interrupted from doing so :mad:

Make them get the bus to town to sign on :clap:

Sorry :blush: Momentary lapse of reasonableness :D