Vineys corner shop on Manor Lane

vineys was a geat little shop we used to live on southend road and then on manor lane my mum was very good friends with mick and keith and does anyone remember the dog i think it was a bulldog but cant remember his name

Mick used to live on Dovercourt Road, near my mum and dads. Havent seen him in years though

School disco. Everyone heading to Vineys and buying MD 20/20 by the carrier bag full. Getting hammered in city rd cemetary and having a great evening.

I loved Vineys :)

Do I know you? :suspect:

I live on Skye Edge so I used Vineys alot but I knew Mick Viney from a long time ago when we were at school. I remember him playing football for Hurlfield school against Norfolk and breaking his leg in a tackle with a lad called Albert Naylor. Mick was a very good player but that injury did him no good at all. He should have been playing for Sheffield Boys next day and got a real rocket from the team manager to go with his broken leg

Mick used to live on Dovercourt Road, near my mum and dads. Havent seen him in years though

...did"nt Mick open up the shop at the bottom of Dovercourt Rd as a hairdressers -- called it MV"s ---this would be around 78-9? I:ot did"nt last long ,and then became a funeral headstone showroom!!!! and i think ,still is today.

I played football with Mike for Chesterfield juniors and reserves back in the late 60's. He was a nice guy and I am pleased that he is still going strong.

Remember Mick Viney at Hurlfield Boys! Top footballer... broke his leg in a match... we all thought he could have achieved anything.... remember teachers after him about spending too much time playing football and not enough in class!! He had a mate Dave Hall... same class!

I live on Skye Edge so I used Vineys alot but I knew Mick Viney from a long time ago when we were at school. I remember him playing football for Hurlfield school against Norfolk and breaking his leg in a tackle with a lad called Albert Naylor. Mick was a very good player but that injury did him no good at all. He should have been playing for Sheffield Boys next day and got a real rocket from the team manager to go with his broken leg

Yes Dave, Mick was a good footballer. I also played with Albert Naylor for Sheffield Boys around 1962 although Albert then broke his arm. It seems breaks followed Albert around. Good lads both of them however.

Geoff

Last I heard he was a courier for Taylor and Emmett solicitors. He was loving the job. Known him for almost thiry years, not seen him in a good few years though.

I can remember Mike's mother and father buying the shop from Reg Scolley (he opened a chip shop near United's ground).

Mike lived just down the road from the shop at no. 84 Manor Lane (I think).