Vineys corner shop on Manor Lane

why did vineys close down/

what ever happened to keith and mike?

cigs sold seperate. booze sold with a letter off your mum. any other memories of this great shop

Old wooden floors, sweaty bread in the window, stopping the smidgen of natural light, dark, yep, you are right it was a great little shop!!

Jayne

School disco. Everyone heading to Vineys and buying MD 20/20 by the carrier bag full. Getting hammered in city rd cemetary and having a great evening.

I loved Vineys :)

I've not been up manor lane since I left manor lodge Middle school 17 years ago.....that shop always had a funny smell about it.....unmistakeable. Shame.

Vineys were great. the best mixups in sheffield, and you could buy 1 fag and 2 matches(just in case the 1st went out)!

What was his name now????????

Mick, I think!

we used to walk up to vineys on a sunday after dinner for sweets, as i recall he was the only shop open around there on a sunday . there was a strange smell and i can smell it as i sit here remembering . anyone remember fanshaws at the bottom of the wybourn that was the same sort of shop .

Vineys! There's a blast from the past. My friend lived on Boundry Road during the 70's/80's and I can remember her going on about Viney's shop. She used to have to fetch her dad's cigs from there!

we used to walk up to vineys on a sunday after dinner for sweets, as i recall he was the only shop open around there on a sunday . there was a strange smell and i can smell it as i sit here remembering . anyone remember fanshaws at the bottom of the wybourn that was the same sort of shop .

I can remember Sheperds, at the bottom of Malttavers Place, aka Sheperds Lane, probably because of the shop!

Jayne

Always bought fireworks (bangers in particular) for Vineys, they never cared that I was only 10 or 11! Do you want any matches with those bangers?

Great days

i remember vineys used to go every sunday to get stuff for my mum and i remember mike and keith

why did vineys close down/

what ever happened to keith and mike?

cigs sold seperate. booze sold with a letter off your mum. any other memories of this great shop

it got brock into that many time mick just had it he was fed up so he shut down he,s still going strong he,s a friend of my hubbys

Hi Pauline,

When you see Mike say hullo for me, I worked with him at Batleys cash and carry,back in the early 1970s when he was the wines and spirits manager, I worked on the fork lift trucks, I also remember he had a assistant manager at Batleys called Rex. Also his uncle worked on the loading bay,I think his uncles name was Frank.

He might remember me and my girlfreind babysitting for him, when he lived at Leadbeater drive/road.

Best Regards Steve (the one with ginger hair)