Blades Chat #6 Discuss Sheffield United here

Evening all, just getting myself subscribed to the new thread.

Whats this about jags tosh? they can f o!

Aston Villa Football Club are set to make a move for Phil ... if Nugent is worth £6m then Jags is worth £10m.

What's their respective contractual positions? If, for instance, Jagielka's contract expires at the end of this season, then he will be worth exactly nothing, no matter what anybody else is worth.

Jags has over 2 years left on a contract so no problems there,but like I said a championship player £6m so what is a fair price for Jags.

Are there an Blades fans,with Annies song on there mobile ring tone. I have a new phone and lost this ring tone UP THE BLADES

According to the Sunday Mirror Gillespie is thinking about leaving the Blades in Jan because his contract is poor,he is currently on £3.000 a week & he believes the form he is in warrants a better contract including a pay rise,I agree he is worth more but where was he going before Warnock took him on a free when Leicester had dumped him.

We need to get the Gillespie situation sorted - he is one who can change a game and has enough legs left to get us through this season. Once we get to May, if he's helped keep us up, then review it again.

According to the Sunday Mirror Gillespie is thinking about leaving the Blades in Jan because his contract is poor,he is currently on £3.000 a week & he believes the form he is in warrants a better contract including a pay rise,I agree he is worth more but where was he going before Warnock took him on a free when Leicester had dumped him.

Where he was is kinda irrelevant, hey? You take someone on a short-term, low-wage (by today's football standards!) contract so that, if he doesn't work out, you can dump him, and if he does, you can start paying him a proper salary.

He's now entitled to that proper salary.

As to Jags, if he has that long left on his contract then I'd agree with you; £10m and upwards.

hoskins?? Are you kidding- were in the premiership now, whats the point of signing unknown players from league one???

YOu don';t see anyone else doing it do you?

United need QUALITY, PROVEN players, not just some bloke who is having a good season!

We think too small- that the problem with us.

We will be dead & buried if we make big signings,and we get relegated, look at Charlton they spent more than us in the summer,look at our friends at Animal farm in Sheffield 6, and their cousin's up the road at Leeds.

We can spend some money but not go bananas.

We will be dead & buried if we make big signings,and we get relegated, look at Charlton they spent more than us in the summer,look at our friends at Animal farm in Sheffield 6, and their cousin's up the road at Leeds.

We can spend some money but not go bananas.

I think enough lessons should have been learnt from the 90's when contracts crippled many clubs that tried to 'pay' to stay in the prem. Although I'm no expert in contracts, it's so dam complicating now.

I have annies song and my old man ,if still needed give me a call.

As for the other topics of conversation. Jags , well lets not be silly we should only sell him to a club who we will not be in competition with ie man utd for example. The price, well he is our best player by far in my estimation, any bid of less than £15 million should be laughed at. Have a look at Bent at Charlton how much would he cost? He is performing pretty well at the moment and not too phased by what players he is facing. Like i have said we should only sell if the bid is too much to ignore and not to a team like Villa.

Players we are trying to sign. There is not much wrong at the moment with what we have. In my opinion we need a proven goal scorer to complement Hulse and a play maker like when we had Brown. They would be my priorities. A left sided midfielder could come in handy because when Armstrong is out we dont seem to be as dangerous down the left. Hoskins, although he sounds a good player by all accounts what has he done against so called better sides does anyone know? My view is that the academy is doing well so we dont need to try and find that gem like Deane was, we should aim a little higher now . If we are serious about Europe we dont need players like this anymore. We dont need any more potentially good players we already have Webber and Richards.

Players we are trying to sell or get rid of. The first one that comes to mind is Akin bad buy. Dont get me wrong he does have talent, that goal against the pigs the technique he showed was excellent, but it seems he cant do it week in week out. Monty, heart in the right place but just not good enough. Does any one know of anybody else that could be moving on?

This for the envious Blue sc-m that sometimes loiter on our chats. Is there anything wrong with my grammar today?

Freya's dad

If we are serious about Europe we dont need players like this anymore.

If we're serious about Europe, we need to see a psychiatrist. United's sole and only aim this year is to use Premiership money to secure the club's financial future, and strengthen the team so that if and when we go back down, we've got the firepower to come back again. If we manage to stay up, we'll be so much better off for next season.

Clubs that spend money on trying to stay in the Premiership the first time they get there, almost *always* end up in serious financial difficulties. Too many Premiership contracts that they're stuck with after they inevitably get relegated again.

. Too many Premiership contracts that they're stuck with after they inevitably get relegated again.

United have been very clever here- all the players have a clause in there contact that automatically takes them back to there old championship wages if we get relagated!!! So jags would drop down to 7k a week etc etc.