Blades Chat #6 Discuss Sheffield United here

Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock admits his midweek scouting trip to Europe has unearthed new potential January signings.

The Blades boss jetted off four days to catch Champions League matches in Holland and Belgium plus a Scandinavian League encounter in Sweden.

Warnock told The Star: "I've seen one or two players who have been recommended to us but a couple more have also caught my eye.

"The game between PSV and Bordeaux was particularly informative and the match at Helsingborgs was another I was looking forward to.

"But the weather was so terrible in Sweden, what with all the rain and wind, that it was really difficult to judge anyone's performance.

"I'm glad I came over though and now I've got plenty of things to consider."

Warnock is believed to have offered a trial to Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Fathi.

Billy Sharpe has ability,but I doubt his Premiership quality,Hoskins obviously has talent I have not seen him.I would prefer Neil going for Hoskins rather than Nugent who is not as good as Hulse or Webber.

hoskins?? Are you kidding- were in the premiership now, whats the point of signing unknown players from league one???

YOu don';t see anyone else doing it do you?

United need QUALITY, PROVEN players, not just some bloke who is having a good season!

We think too small- that the problem with us.

hoskins?? Are you kidding- were in the premiership now, whats the point of signing unknown players from league one???

Kasim Richards isn't doing to bad

United need QUALITY, PROVEN players, not just some bloke who is having a good season!

What about Doyle at Reading form Cork City £80.000 I would love it we could find a gem like him.Don't forget the lower leagues do have some good players & some older players came from lower league teams.

I agree to a point and yes CKR is playing very well but i don't believe that CKR is good enough to score goals week in and week out to keep us up!

The lower leagues DO have good players, that you cannot dispute but id prefer to pay that bit more money and get quality- not just potential!

I agree to a point and yes CKR is playing very well but i don't believe that CKR is good enough to score goals week in and week out to keep us up!

The lower leagues DO have good players, that you cannot dispute but id prefer to pay that bit more money and get quality- not just potential!

Defo what you need - too much deadwood out there & not what you need to stay up. Get it all spunked on some proper decent player (if you'd pardon the terminology)!

Englands next Keeper (Ben foster) came from Stoke. yes i know it is championship

look at some of the players crewe have rolled out over the years.

I think if we can get hoskins cheap then send him out on loan to a championship side would be good business,

Englands next Keeper (Ben foster) came from Stoke. yes i know it is championship

look at some of the players crewe have rolled out over the years.

I think if we can get hoskins cheap then send him out on loan to a championship side would be good business,

Great for business but how is that going to help us stay in the premiership?

Great for business but how is that going to help us stay in the premiership?

one for the future.

there is no way he can be classed as a signing to help us stay in the prem.

Hows our feeder club at the Sty coming along with new players for us ? :hihi: :hihi:

Aston Villa Football Club are set to make a move for Phil Jagielka.£5m if Nugent is worth £6m then Jags is worth £10m what a sodding insult,take your money & shove O'neil or we could take £5m & Baros.

Barry is banned for the monday night match,great he is there top scorer even though most are penalties.

What about Doyle at Reading form Cork City £80.000 I would love it we could find a gem like him.Don't forget the lower leagues do have some good players & some older players came from lower league teams.

Our find like that was nearly 20 years ago (Deane), and they don't come along too often ...... we still have to be prudent though. We're not out of the financial woods yet ....... to me, this year is match by match, month by month.

First target, to not be in the bottom three in the New Year. Take it from there. Just because we ARE Premiership, doesn't mean we can think like it yet ........