This is England 86 - filmed in Sheffield

i don't know road names as only lived here a year, but part of tonights episode was filmed opposite concord park, i was sat waiting further up the road in the car whilst they were filming the scene when they get of the bus, as the police had stopped all traffic for 10 mins whilst they filmed the scene.

how mint was it that the first made in england 86 was filmed in sheffield, notably s5 and gleadless valley - i loved it and cant wait for the next one next tuesday

Did you see the continuity error? Modern blue SYPTE bus stop at the side of the road :hihi:

yep. saw that, and the flats.

There were a lot of exteriors that I recognised, (like the shops)

it was odd watching the gaunt road / gaunt close shots, as the steps the lads walk down just after they leave the school after the exam, were a couple of rows on from my grandma's old house.

The bit at the bus stop, when the kid is eating his chips and the motorbike plonkers arrive, was filmed opposite where my parents' maisonette used to be, on Gaunt road.

I also saw the windows which were recent UPVC, and not the windows that would have originally been in the property whan the lad was knocking on the dark haired girl's door for the Plonkers on the bikes.

I'm pretty certain that the school was Granville (castle) college, Northside, (particularly the gym/ hall where the exams were taken, and that the excterior which was supposed to be the hospital were also exteriors of Granville (castle) college. (same for the double-level corridor that was supposed to be the Casualty unit).

the hospital ward was a genuine RHH hospital ward, I was trying to fathom out how they managed to film on the ward, without the real patients.

I wasn't certain where the exterior was filmed, where the skinhead girl, "lol" was standing on the roof of the "hospital".

i don't know road names as only lived here a year, but part of tonights episode was filmed opposite concord park, i was sat waiting further up the road in the car whilst they were filming the scene when they get of the bus, as the police had stopped all traffic for 10 mins whilst they filmed the scene.

I was trying to fathom where that was filmed, carly. I could see the older type council housing in the background, but was trying to work out which of the numerous estates with those houses on it was.

I spent most of the hour watching it going:-

"Oh, that's on ... road...

and that's on XXX street"

"Oh, I recognise those houses!" etc.

I didn't recognise the building that was used to film the "registry office" scenes. (though I have to say it was more than unbelievable, masquerading as a Registry office - it looked more like a doctors' surgery or tenants' and residents' hall. Can anyone clue me in?)

I've Sky+'d it so will be watching it ASAP.

Are E4 not doing the next episode like they do with Hollyoaks & Shameless?

I have lived in Sheffield for about 7years ish & did not recognise one part of Sheffield, LOL.

Gary cracked me up. Is the girl with white hair called LOL, get it, lol! How pretty is she. That slap I felt it!

Dare I say it...I never really enjoyed this episode. I found it really slow in parts. I hope it picks up next week.

I've Sky+'d it so will be watching it ASAP.

Are E4 not doing the next episode like they do with Hollyoaks & Shameless?

no idea what e4 do with hollyoaks and shameless, i hope every episode was filmed here, its the best thing i,ve seen on telly for a bit and not just cos it was filmed in sheff either, every character that was in the film is in it except combo, which is probably a good thing.

loved it so so glad they made it and best bit it was filmed in SHEFFIELD!!

I was trying to fathom where that was filmed, carly. I could see the older type council housing in the background, but was trying to work out which of the numerous estates with those houses on it was.

I spent most of the hour watching it going:-

"Oh, that's on ... road...

and that's on XXX street"

"Oh, I recognise those houses!" etc.

I didn't recognise the building that was used to film the "registry office" scenes. (though I have to say it was more than unbelievable, masquerading as a Registry office - it looked more like a doctors' surgery or tenants' and residents' hall. Can anyone clue me in?)

its the club across from concorde sports center at shiregreen

very hard to film on location for 80's scenes etc. Have to make sure a modern car doesn't pop up and making sure a sky dish isn't seen. Gaunt rd location is perfect as it doesn't really go anywhere and hasn't got anything on it.

Even speed humps!! Lol.