This is England 86 - filmed in Sheffield

Definitely a film NOT to be missed .. can't wait to see this :D :D :D

Me neither. We will definitely be going opening weekend. In fact, I'm off to book tickets now!

that would be great t.v

i think they are filming in concord park at the mo

I went to the premiere of this at The Showroom last night. Amazing ! Hahah ... they had one of the rooms decked out just like an 80's Working Man's Club with method actors playing the parts of wedding guests and bride and groom, bringing it all the life! A Ska Band, who were excellent by the way .. and a buffet which included, Pickled Onion Monster Munch, Pineapple and Cheese on sticks ... prawn cocktail vol au vaunts .. and other 80's party foods. Free drinks too, which was rather nice.

As I've got crutches, we were popped into the screening room early ... at the front of the "stage" they'd set up a proper 80's living room .. and again, method actors were wandering around passing us monster munch and red stripe !!

Awesome time .. Mike loved it, and gave me a huge kiss and thanked me for taking him .. and after 25 years of marriage, believe me, it's something you forget to do .. eee, it was like dating again it was!

Hey ..and you never know .. you might see me in the next Shane Meadows as "women with sticks, walking in the background" as they caught me for filiming my thoughts on the night's event.

I loved Shane's introduction .. he's such a lovely, humble guy .. and you can just tell he absolutely appreciates the response his work is getting.

Meeting Tommo .. aww .. he' so lovely .. totally unaffected by everything ...

As for TIE 86 .. First episode .. I laughed till I nearly wet myself (thanks to the Red Stripe) .. I cried .. I ooohed and ahhed .. and at snippets of future episodes, I thought, chuffin hell, there's some dark stuff going on there .. BAFTA BAFTA is all I could think !!

This Is England Party time ... next Tuesday .. BE THERE!

Lucky you Saffy :) I'm so jealous I could puke.

I absolutely can't wait until Tuesday :clap:

I absolutely can't wait until Tuesday :clap:

Sky+ is set.

The film is being shown on Monday too. :thumbsup:

I went to the premiere of this at The Showroom last night. Amazing ! Hahah ... they had one of the rooms decked out just like an 80's Working Man's Club with method actors playing the parts of wedding guests and bride and groom, bringing it all the life! A Ska Band, who were excellent by the way .. and a buffet which included, Pickled Onion Monster Munch, Pineapple and Cheese on sticks ... prawn cocktail vol au vaunts .. and other 80's party foods. Free drinks too, which was rather nice.

As I've got crutches, we were popped into the screening room early ... at the front of the "stage" they'd set up a proper 80's living room .. and again, method actors were wandering around passing us monster munch and red stripe !!

Awesome time .. Mike loved it, and gave me a huge kiss and thanked me for taking him .. and after 25 years of marriage, believe me, it's something you forget to do .. eee, it was like dating again it was!

Hey ..and you never know .. you might see me in the next Shane Meadows as "women with sticks, walking in the background" as they caught me for filiming my thoughts on the night's event.

I loved Shane's introduction .. he's such a lovely, humble guy .. and you can just tell he absolutely appreciates the response his work is getting.

Meeting Tommo .. aww .. he' so lovely .. totally unaffected by everything ...

As for TIE 86 .. First episode .. I laughed till I nearly wet myself (thanks to the Red Stripe) .. I cried .. I ooohed and ahhed .. and at snippets of future episodes, I thought, chuffin hell, there's some dark stuff going on there .. BAFTA BAFTA is all I could think !!

This Is England Party time ... next Tuesday .. BE THERE!

Very much agree with you - it was a great evening!! The up coming episodes look great. I hope the evening is going to be extras in the box set.

I love playing the game where in Sheffield is that.

Channel 4 tonight folks ... I am absolutely buzzing .. can't wait!

Me neither - tried to watch the film last night but only managed til midnight before falling asleep! Although I never new that Pukey was Cook from Skins. Can't wait for tonight I can't see it being a disappointment can you?

Saw it last week Tess and "No", it's not going to be a disapointment. Saw trailers for the further 3 episodes, the last two being done by Shane .. it's going to get gritty ! I'd say, from what I saw, it's going to get as dark as Dead Man's Shoes.