This is England 86 - filmed in Sheffield

Fingers crossed that Channel 4 will like Shane Meadow's script for the first in a six part series based on This Is England .. If so, they will be shot later in the year with Shane directing the first and last episodes and 4 more exciting directors in charge of the other 4 so that it leaves room for Shane to work on another feature.

lets hope this is true, and does justice to the film which was exellent.

Brilliant film so I hope this comes off!

Well its looking positive, a mate of mine has just been casted, and starts in a few months.

4 more exciting directors in charge of the other 4.

Hmmm, not sure about that. I don't know how easy it'll be for a different director to stay true to the atmosphere Shane Meadows brings to the film.

This is filming in Sheffield now. I work in an office close to the city centre and the production team have got their wardrobe/props trailers set up in our car park.

been told told they are filming today at the wyvern pub on valley

Another Warp Production about to be released... "Four Lions"

This is film that many of you will have seen being shot on the streets of Sheffield. It's Chris Morris' (Brass Eye, Nathan Barley) and the Sheffield-based production company Warp Films' (Dead Man's Shoes, This is England) latest feature.

Four Lions is in cinemas on Friday May 7th. The film depends hugely on the success of the first weekend so if you can, see it then.

To see Four Lions (& Sheffield) on the big screen head to any of these cinemas:

SHEFFIELD CINEWORLD

SHEFFIELD SHOWROOM

SHEFFIELD VUE

Elsewhere, the film is playing in lots of cinemas around the country - you can see the full list on the films' official website: http://www.four-lions.co.uk

Many thanks!

Edited by WarpFilms