Ugliest new building in Sheffield - your nominations please

what is that black building on west street? i really like the look of that and think that it is the best building to have been built in sheffield for a while.

Park hill flats!

did a job there yesterday, place is like a ghost town now. biggest most ugly, bady designed inaccessale cesspool i ever came across.

NEW buildings please, say the last 10 years.

Park Hill is actually listed and considered the best Brutalist building ever erected!

Well quite easily apparently! There are many with powder coated steel cladding, or aluminium rainscreen cladding, but I can't think of any with plastic cladding, feel free to point some out.

Most of the poly, the Allied Carpets building (which was really good before they dumbed it down), the winter garden side of the macdonald hotel (must have saved a couple of quid by not keeping the nice sandstone effect that the other three sides have) etc. etc.

Maybe it's not really plastic, dunno. I assumed it was faux-steel in a brainless word-association "sheffield, err, steel!" sort of way, which would be dumb enough if it really was steel, but I don't think it is... looks like grey plastic to me.

what is that black building on west street? i really like the look of that and think that it is the best building to have been built in sheffield for a while.

That's Sinclair's, that ousetunes mentioned.

The mosque in Heeley. Its hideous, If I was Muslim I`d be ashamed of that in this day and age.

Irwin Michells new head quarters at riverside.

Or - "Why the hell did THAT get planning permission?"

Once the nominations are in we can have a poll.

I hated norfork park flats when they were up im glad theyve gone.

the former odeon cinema near coles

what a pile of sh*te......

er NEW buildings..

The Square at Castlegate is obviously designed by a numbskull.

West Point ditto - the cedar cladding at the top is now flaky and bent.

RIverside apartments

Riverside Exchange - I've never seen such soul-less and generic blocks of flats that will probably be a 'no-go area' within about 20 years.

I think Riverside will look quite good when it's all finished.

I'm amazed no1's mentioned the teapots - aka the new hallam union/old national centre for pop music!

I'm amazed no1's mentioned the teapots - aka the new hallam union/old national centre for pop music!

Personally, I think that's one of the few interesting buildings built in the city centre of the last few years. They actually took time to design it instead of just making a bit square block building.