Ugliest new building in Sheffield - your nominations please

I'm amazed no1's mentioned the teapots - aka the new hallam union/old national centre for pop music!

I think thats one of the best new(ish) buildings in Sheff! I would prefer buildings that people can have oppinions about (NCPM, Heely Mosque, Winter Gardens etc.) rather than the prefab boxes going up everywhere that are so anonymous no-one can like or hate them!

The 'incongruous' mosque at heeley, shameful...

As discussed in previous thread its got to be the Mosque at Heeley

The ugliest, most featureless, yukky building I've seen that has gone up recently is the Virgin gym just off Broadfield road. With a large wind-swept car park to boot and the landscaping? With a bit of thought that area could of been made so much nicer, it's just vile.

I think Morton Works on West Street is an impressive shrine to blandness - rectilinear, red-brick, totally featureless.

The Scotland Street aspect of Metis suffers in the same way.

I'd describe both of these as "buildings you want to live in so you don't have to look at them". ;)

The ugliest, most featureless, yukky building I've seen that has gone up recently is the Virgin gym just off Broadfield road. With a large wind-swept car park to boot and the landscaping? With a bit of thought that area could of been made so much nicer, it's just vile.

I would second that, it's a monstrosity and totally out of scale. It's one redeeming feature is that like a lot of modern buildings in the 'shed' style of architecture it looks very temporary and I bet it's not there in 20 years time.

The mosque in Heeley. Its hideous, If I was Muslim I`d be ashamed of that in this day and age.

seconded-looks out of place and a real eyesore

The Heeley Mosque is the foulest looking building I've seen. The colour makes me feel sick let alone the design.

Riverside Exchange - I've never seen such soul-less and generic blocks of flats that will probably be a 'no-go area' within about 20 years.

I was going to put Riverside Exchange, but to add to this, I think it looks dated already.

Not new buildings, but .......

University Arts Tower. :gag:

John Lewis's (and most other buildings of that era) :gag:

SY Fire and Rescue HQ on Carver Street (?) :gag:

Castle Markets :gag:

I can't believe no-one's yet mentioned that monstrosity in the Peace Gardens that was built at the same time as the Macdonald hotel! It totally spoils the peace garden - ugly, boring, square, cheap and nasty looking and totally lacking any architectural merit. :gag:

I like the new sinclair building on West St as well - and hate the new student medical centre/chemist also on West St