King The Staffie needs a new home (now rehomed!)

You poor thing it sounds like you really love King and are trying to do the best for him.

Thank you for your nice comments! I was worried I would be bombarded with hate mail!

I was going to explain the difference between your post/situation and others which have provoked critcism on this forum but blues & strix have already summed it up :) no-one has a right to citicize you when this is obviously such a hard decision for you, and one you have not made lightly.

I'm afraid I can't help King as I work full time but have you tried dogpages or dogsey? They are forums which both have rehoming sections.

As Daisy129 suggested, fireside rescue would be a good place to start though.

It seems very sad that after going through so much to nurse him back to health, that you need to rehome him now... I appreciate you don't want to post personal details on this forum, but is there really no way anyone can help your situation in order for you to be able to keep him yourself? Perhaps you could PM me with the reason you can't keep him, and I might be able to come up with some ideas?

£5000??!!?? :shocked:

Who on earth quoted you that?

Brude ruptured a disc in his back, and had to have a hole drilled in one of his bones to accommodate a piece of material that had fused to his spinal cord, but it only cost £2k :confused:

I'm so pleased he mended so well. It sounds like you love him so much :)

Would you be able to keep him if somebody was able to foster him for a while?

Or if a forumer who cannot have pets in their rented accommodation or is away from home at times was able to 'share' him with you?

Or if a forumer who cannot have pets in their rented accommodation or is away from home at times was able to 'share' him with you?

Thats what I was thinking ;)

£5000??!!?? :shocked:

Who on earth quoted you that?

Brude ruptured a disc in his back, and had to have a hole drilled in one of his bones to accommodate a piece of material that had fused to his spinal cord, but it only cost £2k :confused:

I'm so pleased he mended so well. It sounds like you love him so much :)

5k covered stay in hospital, the proceedure where they put a dye through his spine to detect where and what the problem is (a traco something!) and then the actual operation and medication.

Thank you for your ideas katie b and strix. I do really think that King would be better having an owner who has got lots of time to give him so that he can enjoy a better life. Its not a decision I have taken lightly, and after taking lots of advice from family and friends I have finally taken a step towards doing something about it.

I just cannot meet his needs as Im out at work all day, every day. I have another dog and an 8 month old baby, he needs to be let out and walked regularly as he has long term nerve damage which means he cannot hold his bowels for very long, basically Im struggling and I feel guilty that he isnt getting the time and attention that he needs, he could be so much happier with someone who hasnt got so many committments, who can dedicate more time for him.

If I dont manage to re-home him then we struggle on as I would never see him stuck in a rescue centre for months/years or worse still being put 2 sleep.

Im just trying to do what I feel is best for him :)

Thanks for the suggestions and I will definately look into the organisations that you mentioned :thumbsup:

You poor thing it sounds like you really love King and are trying to do the best for him.

I'm afraid I can't help King as I work full time but have you tried dogpages or dogsey? They are forums which both have rehoming sections.

As Daisy129 suggested, fireside rescue would be a good place to start though.

Hi Katie, Ive just registered with Dogsey but cant seem to find anywhere appropriate for a private re-homing post? maybe you can point me in right direction :confused: Ive also had a look at Dogpages but they only allow re-homing to be advertised by rescue shelters by the look of it :(

what a stunner he is!!!!!!

i have a 5yr old staffie called porridge and if i had an house i would take him off you cos porridge and my other two would love him

5k covered stay in hospital, the proceedure where they put a dye through his spine to detect where and what the problem is (a traco something!) and then the actual operation and medication.

Yep, we had all that, and the op was carried out on a saturday, as he wouldn't have survived until monday :(

I wonder if the difference was that Brude hadn't lost bladder and bowel control? It's something that was mentioned a the time, but I paid little attention to as it wasn't a factor for us ;)

Hi Katie, Ive just registered with Dogsey but cant seem to find anywhere appropriate for a private re-homing post? maybe you can point me in right direction :confused: Ive also had a look at Dogpages but they only allow re-homing to be advertised by rescue shelters by the look of it :(

Perhaps this is a better place to try? ;)

http://www.sbtrescue.org.uk/

good luck sall with the rehoming. I hope you find someone special to look after him. Unfortunately I have cats and a possessive dog so cannot help but I wish you all the best anyway. :thumbsup:

hi there lovely to see dog owners working together, he looks a gorg dog, we have a 5yr old staffy as well she is seriously nutty :) unfortunatly we could not take him as we have cats, but can i just say lovely to see that you are totally honest and will to have him back if needed, good on you and hope King finds a wonderful home :)