Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone know if you can still buy those car tax stamps?

its a bit like tv license u by them from the post office in multiples of 5 and u can only use them to pay towards your car tax????

any ideas

You can purchase Post Office® savings stamps costing £5.00 each if you want to spread the cost of your vehicle tax. You should attach the stamps to a P6386 Post Office® savings stamps collector card (or P6386W in Wales). The stamps and collector cards are available from all Post Office® branches. You can use these stamps as full or part payment of your vehicle tax at a vehicle licence issuing Post Office® branch. Post Office® saving stamps cannot be used at a DVLA local office or refunded at DVLA.

as bev2 said, you can only get post office stamps now ... so if you have a card with the dvla stamps you just need to get in touch with the dvla and they will tell you where to send the stamps to get a refund.

I had about £70 in dvla stamps, and i just sent them back by recorded delivery and they refunded me my £70.

:D

we just send 20 quid a month to a websaver and not touch it, we then earn intrest as well as having the money when we need it. Stamps can't be used to purchase the tax over the internet.