Sheffield in the news

Turning on my car radio outside Los Angeles Airport, the first news item I heard was that a restaurant in Sheffield, England was busy following the death of the russia spy, because its name is Polonium. Next came the voice of a waitress with a distinctive Sheffield accent.

Just found it mildly interesting to find Sheffield making news internationaly.

Polonium is a polish restaurant on Abbeydale Road. Hadn't heard this story myself, but it's good to hear they are getting the punters in!

I heard this on the radio and they think it is as a result of people googling Polonium and getting an restaurant in Sheffield.

Good for them.

Turning on my car radio outside Los Angeles Airport, the first news item I heard was that a restaurant in Sheffield, England was busy following the death of the russia spy, because its name is Polonium. Next came the voice of a waitress with a distinctive Sheffield accent.

Just found it mildly interesting to find Sheffield making news internationaly.

We were driving in Sheffield when I heard this about the restuarant in Sheffield.I find it hard to believe really that they were getting extra people in,more like a publicity stunt to me.I would have thought it would have put people off more than anything.

I think it's most unlikely that they will find any traces of sushi at the polonium Restaurant.

There was a jokey review of the restaurant in the Sun - online at least (I wouldn't BUY it)

First mention I saw though was in Popbitch where the Sun and other papers get a lot of their tips.

Polonium is getting a bad press - Did my birdflu a power of good.