Why do all scrubbers smoke?

Well James Bond, as well as everyone else appeared to smoke in the 60's, the cigarette adds didn't quite tell you that smoking was good for you, but not far off. You couldn't imagine Daniel Craig slinking around the back of the Ritz to have a quick drag could you?

As an ex smoker of some 50 years of smoking, I never considered myself to be a scrubber, however I recall having to stand in scrubbers ville during a firms bash to have a smoke, I didn't like it one bit.

Well that's my two penneth, for what it's worth.

Because they are either thick or have a death wish.:)

Because they are either thick or have a death wish.:)

Or both. :)

I do find smoking disgusting. Its not necessary to survive Etc and you can live without it. That said its your choice to smoke which is everyones right.

What I do find very hard to understand is that I have seen many many parents with kids whos clothes and shoes have seen better days etc. Listened to them saying they are skint etc, but amazingly they can still find £5 or £6 per day to buy a pack of fags. That equates to approx £40 per week.

I have 3 kids and never smoked nor would I - I can think of far better things to spend my hard earned cash on. After all as I say you do not need to smoke to stay alive, in fact its quite the opposite. How many folk may have passed comment on someone that is an habitual drug taker and hooked on them. What is the difference to be honest. People that smoke are addicted in just the same way and thats the point its an addiction. The only difference is that smoking is not a criminal offence.

It makes you absolutely stink, it makes your breath smell, your hair, your clothes everything. It rots your teeth and obviously damages your internal organs. It ages your skin and so on lol

Just my personal opinions and my personal choice not to smoke... Whats the point in it???

I do find smoking disgusting. Its not necessary to survive Etc and you can live without it. That said its your choice to smoke which is everyones right.

What I do find very hard to understand is that I have seen many many parents with kids whos clothes and shoes have seen better days etc. Listened to them saying they are skint etc, but amazingly they can still find £5 or £6 per day to buy a pack of fags. That equates to approx £40 per week.

I have 3 kids and never smoked nor would I - I can think of far better things to spend my hard earned cash on. After all as I say you do not need to smoke to stay alive, in fact its quite the opposite. How many folk may have passed comment on someone that is an habitual drug taker and hooked on them. What is the difference to be honest. People that smoke are addicted in just the same way and thats the point its an addiction. The only difference is that smoking is not a criminal offence.

It makes you absolutely stink, it makes your breath smell, your hair, your clothes everything. It rots your teeth and obviously damages your internal organs. It ages your skin and so on lol

Just my personal opinions and my personal choice not to smoke... Whats the point in it???

Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for sharing that.

Lol - your welcome. Should be out in the garden really instead of sat on here. Sad or what ???

Lol - your welcome. Should be out in the garden really instead of sat on here. Sad or what ???

Conservatory flower, with the windows wide open and the sun flooding in from the roof, had a couple of beers and now awaiting Sunday lunch along with a red wine or two.

Feel for me when I cut the lawns a little later. ;)

Conservatory flower, with the windows wide open and the sun flooding in from the roof, had a couple of beers and now awaiting Sunday lunch along with a red wine or two.

All followed by a nice Churchill Havana and an excellent 1917 Chateau Paulet Cognac, which I just happen to have in my cellar!................feel free to pop round Crookesey.

All followed by a nice Churchill Havana and an excellent 1917 Chateau Paulet Cognac, which I just happen to have in my cellar!................feel free to pop round Crookesey.

Skip the Havana …………… pour me a brandy. :cool:

Apparently the gov are now saying that due to some survey (yeh! right) that even just having one glass of wine per day could be a cause for cancer.

The more they say this in the years to come the more idiots get to believe it and the easier it is for the gov to put more tax on it, just like they did with fags.

So enjoy your guilt-free wine whilst you can crookesey.

Apparently the gov are now saying that due to some survey (yeh! right) that even just having one glass of wine per day could be a cause for cancer.

The more they say this in the years to come the more idiots get to believe it and the easier it is for the gov to put more tax on it, just like they did with fags.

So enjoy your guilt-free wine whilst you can crookesey.

Not so long ago they were saying that the very same was good for you if i remember correctly!

It's all to be taken with a pinch of salt...actually, best not actually, salt's bad for you too!