Professor Knutt- Does anyone remember him??

Does anyone recall being treated for eye problems at the Childrens hospital by a doctor called Professor Knutt. I was in Sheffield 3 years ago and caught a bus to a park called Weston Park I think it was

As soon as I alighted from the bus I recognised the hospital and remembered being a patient there for my eyes. It is funny how a small thing that can jog your memory and bring a heap of things flooding back .I recalled how he would put drops in my eyes then i would wear a patch and just wait then he would check my eyes out agin. I think I had a lazy eye. Does anyone else remember him?

I never met him but he certainly did a good job on my sister's lazy eye.She had the op about 1957 0r 8 and hasn't worn glasses since.We knew him as Dr Knutt though.

Thanks for the reply, how old was your sister? I wonder if she was just a small child like me . I think I was about 4 or 5 . I think he was a Doctor but my Mum seems to think he became a prefessor for his work in the field. I have always worn glasses but it has never bothered me. Just last week I was talking about all the glasses i have worn . I am a scrapbooker and since i have most of my old glasses i thought it might be an idea to include a couple of pages on photos of all the styles I have worn over the past 50 years . thought it would make interesting reading for the granchildren when I get them. Has anyone else hoarded their spectacles as we used to call them ????

Dorothy was born in '54 and the lazy eye was diagnosed and cured a long time before we moved house just after her 5th birthday.I don't think she can remember any of it.I'll ask her, Cheers,Glyn

Dorothy was born in '54 and the lazy eye was diagnosed and cured a long time before we moved house just after her 5th birthday.I don't think she can remember any of it.I'll ask her, Cheers,Glyn

I was born 1953, and first started going to the hospital when I was about 4 . So it could well be we were in that same waiting room at some point in time as i attended for a good many years

I had a squint corrected by Mr Knutt at the Royal Infirmary when I was 10 in 1950. Didn't wear glasses for years until I was in my 40s.

Mr Knutt operated on my eyes twice for squints - seems this was a rather common thing for those of us born in the 1950's - problems with delivery of babies I wonder??

I was in the Children's Hospital - horrid experience - I still remember having to say goodbye to my Mum and Dad - I cried endlessly which couldn't have been good for anyone having an eye op!!

Sister Petty was the old witch who ruled the ward - nasty, spiteful old woman then - she should not have been let anywhere near humans let alone small children.

UGH - HORRID HORRID TIME

My late mother was a nurse who trained at the Sheffield Royal Infirmary in the 20's, and I remember her mentioning a doctor called "Mr Knutt" -and they apparently pioneered a method of treatment using a powerful electo-magnet -to remove metal from the eyes of injured steel grinders employed in the steel works.

I had my eye problen rectified by Bertie Nutt. He had rooms on Glossop Road and would always have a box of Neopoliton chocolates on his desk. He lived in Dore. I remember him very well, silvered haired, glasses, smart and always very kind. I had my operation at Claremont over 60 years ago! Another name from the past!

I had my lazy eye corrected by Dr Nutt around 1950 at Royal Imfirmary Hospital