Weather warning daily express

Didn't Piers Corbyn used to be quite a prominent member of Militant or something like that?

There were hurricanes last weekend? First I heard of it. I know it was windy but...

No, there weren't.

What we got, were gale force winds, which occasionally gusted up to over 73mph. A hurricane is defined as a storm with an *average* wind speed of at least 73mph. No UK storm has ever got remotely anywhere near that for the last three hundred years.

Useful article detailing the differences

It may come as a surprise to may forumites to learn that I can also predict the weather over the coming months with a frightening degree of accuracy, although unfortunately my predictions aren't controversial enough to get published in the papers. Here are my predictions for the coming months which I produce from a variety of souces including solar activity, lunar activity, seaweed, and a special technique which I like to call "looking out of the window":-

December will be cold and wet.

January will be colder than December and also wet. During January there will be several dry but very cold days.

February will be colder still and slight less wet.

During this entire period it will oftem be windy with the wind mostly coming from the west or North West. On the colder days there will be a Northerly wind but these days will be less windy and colder. On some days over the winter there will be some very strong winds which will blow the odd tile off the odd roof somewhere in Wales and 17 TV crews will film this to go with their programmes about "is the weather getting worse every year".

During the Spring we will get warmer days and lighter rains but there may be showers in April.

The summer will be hot for 2 weeks which will allow the 3.6 million people who bought soft top cars to drive about without feeling like so much of a prat. During this hot period we will see several documentaries about how the weather is getting hotter and we are all going to die.

No, there weren't.

What we got, were gale force winds, which occasionally gusted up to over 73mph. A hurricane is defined as a storm with an *average* wind speed of at least 73mph. No UK storm has ever got remotely anywhere near that for the last three hundred years.

Useful article detailing the differences

Thats what I mean. Basically Im saying that dont belive everything the express says regarding the weather. They have a tendancy to exaggerate

theres just been a tornado hit one north london street, left loads of houses badly damaged, only lasted 40 seconds

just watching on sky news

theres just been a tornado hit one north london street, left loads of houses badly damaged, only lasted 40 seconds

just watching on sky news

I can never tell when your being serious :|

must be no news today then. They generally shout about the house prices crashing on no news days though

100 mile an hour winds ? Stannington people better hold onto their knickers then :o

100 mile an hour winds ? Stannington people better hold onto their knickers then :o

theyve been holding onto their knickers for years, since rich was unmasked as the stanington clothes line knicker kidnapper :P

disclaimer: all or none of this post is actually true in any shape or form

No doubt they will blame it on the illegal immigrants and ethic minorities....... ooops, that's the Daily Mail. Sorry!!!

LMAO!! :hihi:

theyve been holding onto their knickers for years, since rich was unmasked as the stanington clothes line knicker kidnapper :P

disclaimer: all or none of this post is actually true in any shape or form

Shouldnt that be knicker-napper :P