Originally posted by t020

Halfway to where? Ho ho ho.

Halfway between Chesterfield & Rotherham, and between Sheffield and Worksop....does that clear it up ?

Originally posted by cruella

I have lived in Halfway for 3 years and i love it. Its quiet, peacefull and lucky you... the property keeps its value due to popular demand. I live on the area at the top end at the rear of Mosborough hall. There is a nice shortcut over the back of the houses to the local shops and..oh yes the best pubs in the area. You can stumble home over the 'Brow' with your chip supper..no taxis ..Exellent !

You might know me,i used to live on oakworth view,its great up there,great shortcut like you say,it lead straight to my back garden,happy days.

Halfway to where? Ho ho ho.

Hate to admit it as I do, here is what happened to me this morning:

I was waiting for a yellow tram to the arena, and a blue one came.

I go 'Halfway?! Halfway?! Halfway to ****ing where?!'

And had a small tantrum.

Not sure if its still there but near the new houses beside Morrisons at halfway there was a plaque that explained how Halfway got its name, and showed the various places that it is halfway between and the distances to each place/country.

Not even mildly amusing! ;)

Originally posted by rtapper

Not sure if its still there but near the new houses beside Morrisons at halfway there was a plaque that explained how Halfway got its name, and showed the various places that it is halfway between and the distances to each place/country.

But surely every place is halfway between 2 other places.

Wasnt meant to be :P

And yes, I realise everwhere is half way between two places - they had to conjure up something to fill the plaque I guess :thumbsup:

Fair cop! Like it!

Alex

I meant noseyrosie's post. I thought I could get away without quoting and be the next post after hers but by the time I'd posted you'd rudely stepped in!

t020 - I think alex and I got the joke, but it's unlikely rtapper did seeing as it refers to another thread ;)