Owlthorpe/Waterthorpe

Hi there,

Just need a bit of advice about buying a house in S20, basically Owlthorpe and Waterthorpe. What is the area like, in terms of schools, burglary,neighbourhood. The property prices seem to be a bit less in that part of the city in comparision to other areas. Why is it so?

Thanks in advance.

Owlthorpe is a very nice area, most of the housing there is privately owned, there are a lot of shall we say "older people" live in this area, but generally its a nice quiet suburb with modern housing stock and very near the tram service, with nice views too on to neighbouring countryside - Im actually hoping to move there myself!!

Schools for this area I believe would be served either by Hackenthorpe or Mosborough, but Im not positive about this.

Waterthorpe is not as nice an area but more "family orientated".

Hope this helps!!

Hi,

I've lived in Waterthorpe for around 2 years now and never had no trouble at all- not sure on the schools - no children sorry! Good luck with the move!

I believe Owlthorpe is covered by Rainbow Forge J/I school, but some residents have managed to get there kids into Birley Spa, which has received an "outstanding" special recommendation from OFSTED for the last couple of years, and is just up the road.

Secondary education would probably come under Westfield, which is as good as any other round here.