Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

Seeing as I don't live anywhere near it and might only ever see it on my way to B&Q I have to be honest and say I couldn't give a toss about it.

I'd much rather they built it where they have than in the middle of town somewhere or worse still around Ecclesall Road.

I'm not joking but when i first saw it i assumed it was a new curry house.;)

Interesting the way the arab community is perceived

Interesting the way the arab community is perceived

Sorry, I have to ask. the way the arab community is perceived?

Please explain.

Sorry, I have to ask. the way the arab community is perceived?

Please explain.

i just saw it and thought it was a new resturant, i feel ignorant but at least i'm honest, most of the buildigns on London road and the high field area are....

Thats cool MarkJB, I didn't understand what you meant.

:)

Seeing as I don't live anywhere near it and might only ever see it on my way to B&Q I have to be honest and say I couldn't give a toss about it.

I'd much rather they built it where they have than in the middle of town somewhere or worse still around Ecclesall Road.

I am begining to think that the original idea to convert the old Abbeydale cinema wasn't that bad after all. It never looks like ever being used and it does have an eastern look about it, too late now though.

I am begining to think that the original idea to convert the old Abbeydale cinema wasn't that bad after all. It never looks like ever being used and it does have an eastern look about it, too late now though.

Not used! That'll come as a surprise to some people.

http://www.abbeydalepicturehouse.com/

And there's the Abbey Bar and Snooker Hall too.

I think you will find that the abbeydale picture palace is used a lot , the origional idea for the mosque there fell through because it is not in the correct "Line for Mecca" the only way to make it work was to add an extra bit on the outside of the building at the front, but it is listed so couldnt be done.

you lot make me laugh, how about you put your hands in your pocket and build something "beautiful"... pure jealously and hatred.

Why is it pure hatred because someone doesn't like the look of the building

It's good to see that people still believe in God. I would think the same if I saw a new church or other place of worship.

I do not have the faith or conditioning or ...

Good to see that people still believe in God though.

It's good to see that people still believe in God. I would think the same if I saw a new church or other place of worship.

I do not have the faith or conditioning or whatever.

Good to see that people still believe in God though.

I think you will find that the abbeydale picture palace is used a lot , the origional idea for the mosque there fell through because it is not in the correct "Line for Mecca" the only way to make it work was to add an extra bit on the outside of the building at the front, but it is listed so couldnt be done.

I doubt that that is a correct assumption, busman, I think you have been wrongly informed.

The orientation of the building, in relation to Mecca is irrelevant.

it's the direction that the congregation face, (IE in the direction of Mecca) that is the important thing.

What the mosque will do, if it's not a purpose built place, is, that there will be a Niche thing, affixed to the wall of the prayer hall, which will direct the congregation to face the right direction.

The former sufi mosque, on vincent road, near where I live, used to be a methodist church, and the prayer-hall that the congregation used had just such a niche on the wall.