Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

Ohhhhhh ........ Now what do I do when people ask for directions to Meadowhall?

Previously, I just said to look for the building with the bright green dome!

Ohhhhhh ........ Now what do I do when people ask for directions to Meadowhall?

Previously, I just said to look for the building with the bright green dome!

re:other thread on Meadowhall,

Tell them to look for the prison.:hihi:

so this is the thing right it makes a absolute mockery of the british if we went to india or pakistan and decided to put a church up they would tell us to get lost that is what should have happened with the mosque its a JOKE

Iv'e only seen it from a distance and it looks awful. I love religious buildings as they can often be rather unique. This one is ugly. I saw some mosques in Singapore and they were as big but they were wonderful. I think people are right about the dome - it does look something they found in a nasty second hand shop.

so this is the thing right it makes a absolute mockery of the british if we went to india or pakistan and decided to put a church up they would tell us to get lost that is what should have happened with the mosque its a JOKE

You mean like this church in pakisan St Patrick's Church In Saddar

Or this one

St. Anthony's Chrch Lahore

Or This One

The Church Of Pakistn's Holy Trinity Cathedral in Karachi

Or This One

St. Philip's Church

------------------------------------------

Or over in India,

In Goa

St Paul's Cathedral Allahbad

You clearly do not know what you are talking about because there are thousands of churches in both countries.

In fact anyone who has been to Goa will tell you that it is an extremely christian place with a stong catholic church. Most of the newspapers are full of Catholic Blessings and prayers.

You mean like this church in pakisan St Patrick's Church In Saddar

Or this one

St. Anthony's Chrch Lahore

Or This One

The Church Of Pakistn's Holy Trinity Cathedral in Karachi

Or This One

St. Philip's Church

------------------------------------------

Or over in India,

In Goa

St Paul's Cathedral Allahbad

You clearly do not know what you are talking about because there are thousands of churches in both countries.

In fact anyone who has been to Goa will tell you that it is an extremely christian place with a stong catholic church. Most of the newspapers are full of Catholic Blessings and prayers.

Absolutely-there are over 30 million Christians in India.

Suprising what you can learn if you dont live your life with your head up your own arse, isnt it cthoel?

*Edit*

Heres a picture of the Cathedral of St Vincent de Paul in Tunis, Tunisia-a Muslim country.Very impressive building it is too, I might add, much better in the flesh than in this photo...

I think it looks nice, although i dont think they would spend this amount of money on a new church

Absolutely-there are over 30 million Christians in India.

Suprising what you can learn if you dont live your life with your head up your own arse, isnt it cthoel?

Christians in India are often look down upon and persecuted by the ruling Sikhs.

Also most of those churches were built when India and Pakistan where part of the empire. I doubt very much if such a building would be able to be built today.

BBC Radio 4's Today Programmes take on things

More from the (very PC) BBC

I know some of the people behind the project including Mr Nazir (also a local councillor) but I think they tend to be the elders of the community.

Mr Nazir is an ex-councillor, having failed to win the Central ward seat which he contested in June 2004.

Is {the new Ann's Grove School }that the one which looks like an oversized sweedish steamhouse? If so, I agree :lol:

Has it lasted a winter yet? I imagine those wooden panels won't cope with frost very well.

Ann's Grove School has been built to very high standards, and the design features will have taken the variable elements of the British weather into consideration. Incidentally, the insulation has, uniquely, been provided with recycled shredded jeans.

you do not seem to be using your mouth to speak, ct....

We british went over to India, and took over, *cough* somewhat, A century r three ago... (India split in 1947 to form Inida, Pakistan, and East Pakistan, later to be renamed Bangladesh) and we built any number of churches out there (many of which are still there, today). May I point out that "planning permission" and "local objections" never entered the equation then, did they? the words "get lost" weren't a factor there.

Mr Nazir is an ex-councillor, having failed to win the Central ward seat which he contested in June 2004.

Ann's Grove School has been built to very high standards, and the design features will have taken the variable elements of the British weather into consideration. Incidentally, the insulation has, uniquely, been provided with recycled shredded jeans.

Slightly off topic but in relation to this post. Haven't they already had problems with this building regarding it's air con? Didn't the building swell over summer as the air con couldn't cope with the demand? (doors wouldn't close etc.) As far as I'm aware the main structure is steel and has presented problems already.

Christians in India are often look down upon and persecuted by the ruling Sikhs.

Ruling Sikhs?? India is officially a secular democracy, but if one religion dominates it's the Hindus, not the Sikhs.