Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

Look love,

2) Are you also campaigning to get Sheffield united's ground closed as well. Because the amount of traffic chaos that causes every other saturday is at least 50 times more severe than the new Mosque could ever be..

Doh.... but as it's already been pointed out, that was put there before planning for parking problems was in place, nothing much you can do about that.

This building is brand spanking new and as such should not have been granted planning permission without adequate parking.

Where's the banging your head against a brick wall smilie?

Look love,

1) Plain talker is a woman.

2) Are you also campaigning to get Sheffield united's ground closed as well. Because the amount of traffic chaos that causes every other saturday is at least 50 times more severe than the new Mosque could ever be..

"Look love" is extremely patronising.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Does anybody know if it has affected house prices in the region? Either up or down.... or has it had no effect?

Dunno mate - but its a good point.

Check upmystreet.com

I would certainly not want to live anywhere nearer than where i am - thats near enough!

Bolton

http://www.bolton.org.uk/prospectm.jpg

Regents Park

http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/gallery/london-images/london-central-mosque.jpg

Surrey

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Jefferies/brunei/shanty-and-mosque-0405.jpg

I do think that ours is a little OTT. :hihi:

I was browsing pics of mosques, and came across some actual buildings in the UK. The Surrey one and the Regents Park one really do look quite grand.

Errrrrr...... the Surrey one is in Brunei. It was the shanty town in the foreground that gave it away. That and the palm trees.....

Oops. Well spotted ! :hihi:

It does look rather pretty though. Kekek...

Its cool - Im just sorry that im not in earshot to be called to the 5 am prayer meet.

My vicar cant be arsed to remind me to go to prayer 5 times a day so is it any wonder that i forget to pray ?

I always respond to my gas bills at the third request so i blame the vicar for not making the effort to prompt me.

Clearly the muslims have an advantage on the reminder stakes and a far more dedicated religious herarchy.

Ive been forgetting to pray for around 40 years now and that would not have happened if i were a muslim on the 5 times a day reminder roster.

Thats what this country needs - a proper religion with proper mosques and prayer calls. The mosque gets my vote.

I don't think they do the call to prayer in this country.

I don't think they do the call to prayer in this country.

Yes they do. Where I used to live, we used to hear often hear it, sometimes appeared to be several times a day, as there were loudspeakers, around the neighbourhood. Although I didn't mind it, (reminded me of fantastic holidays in Turkey!) my friend objected, saying it's a form of indoctrination.

Stormy, thank you for your kind words - post #100

I must say that there are a lot of racists disguising themselves as architecture critics here - you make me laugh.

Been practicing architecture for 40+ years and can assure you the building is well considered, well detailed and the designers have made exceptional efforts to fit such a large building on such a small site. I have already commented that it is 'out of scale', in my opinion, but it makes far less impact than I would have expected. I have walked round and photographed the building and can confirm that those who are dismissive of it's quality are ill informed and basically talking out of their racist behind.

If you want to read what I said it's back around #98

I fail to see how something that was designed in 600AD can pass today's building regulations! Anyway, it's revolting - a disgusting symbol of oppression, both of women and of free thought; a medieval monstrosity built by fantasists to honour a god who couldn't care less. I feel the same way about all religious buildings - it's not just my unfamiliarity with the inappropriate alien architecture.

Oppression of women ? no the women are allowed to spend 2 hours in the womens discussion group by their husbands but not a minute more ... oh and the women are not allowed to carry their passports - the husband sees to that ... true interview with HSeffield muslim woman on BBC look north tonight

Errrrrr...... the Surrey one is in Brunei. It was the shanty town in the foreground that gave it away. That and the palm trees.....

I did think that Surrey had gone downhill since I was last there!