Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

its a monstrosety, an eyesore for miles around and it does not benefit the most of people:mad:

I think the building looks to imposing. When it does opens there is going to be some bad parking problems, no doubt this will be a topic for the future on sf.

I hope they are going to be gold leafed, as the green plastic looking ones really look an eyesore, and surely the council wouldn't have given permission for those to stay,would it?

My thoughts exactly. Those domes look like they're made of recycled pop bottles. I really hope they get covered because they look awful. The rest of the building looks OK though.

I like it. It adds to a bland part of town. It's only because its islamic that people are moaning.

I like it. It adds to a bland part of town. It's only because its islamic that people are moaning.

No its not. Re-read my post above, where I clearly state that its not because its a mosque that i dislike it.

Are we only allowed an opinion on it if its a positive one?

I don't see how it blocks the skyline since it is in the valley. There are 2 churches higher up than it. I do think the green is a little garish but perhaps it will weather down. Green dome aside I think it is a beautiful building. Bramall lane is a much bigger structure and not half as beautiful. I don't object to either building. You're entitled to practice your religion whatever it may be as long as you don't insist I have to have the same religion.

It's only because its islamic that people are moaning.

Not really. There's been a mosque down there for years, but no one's moaned about that.

If you read the above comments you'll find that people are moaning about it because it's an eyesore which doesn't fit in with the local area.

I think the plastic green top is awful.

It must be one of the ugliest buildings in Sheffield, its all you can see when driving into town from Heeley, down Gleadless/Prospect Rd.

Drove past last week, and its even bigger, fatter and uglier close up. :gag:

Get rid of it, build something thats not ugly.

there are a lot of muslims in that area so why r u guys moaning and it does look nice, looks more desirable than the old mosque and you guys no it!!!

there are a lot of muslims in that area so why r u guys moaning and it does look nice, looks more desirable than the old mosque and you guys no it!!!

At least the old mosque fitted in with the general area - this one is totally out of character.

Just because there are a lot of moslems does not mean there has to be such an ugly building does it?

Why not something more in keeping with the area and a building reflecting the traffic congestion around there i.e - decent car parking space.

The rest of the non islamic community seems to have had their views ignored and this building has appeared to be imposed on the area, without wider consideration of ALL our community.