Village life nr. Sheffield- can you help?

If you can find a house for around £150K in a nice area of Sheffield please let me know. I think you are asking the imposible.

I live in High Green and there is a small 1bedroom cottage for sale at the bottom of my road. The cottage needs renovating as the owners have et it get run down, it is for sale at £125K with a garden that is not big enough to put a shed on.

I live in High Green and there is a small 1bedroom cottage for sale at the bottom of my road. The cottage needs renovating as the owners have et it get run down, it is for sale at £125K with a garden that is not big enough to put a shed on.

Well we've just boght a 3 bed semi for under £120k, in Hackenthorpe, huge garden and potential for house to be 5 bed. ok its not a village, but area seems nice enough.

i think house prices in sheffield are really cheap! try looking at house prices for lincoln, theyre outrageous!

I would definitely say Oughtibridge is worth a good look....a short drive up the road and you are on the edge of the Peak District with stunning views. Good transport links and services available as well.

Wadsley village is lovely- it has a real village atmosphere yet is only up the road from hillsborough, and wadsley common has fantastic walks and views into the peak.

There are four decent pubs within walking distance and some good local shops- I am not aware of any crime around here, and it is very quiet.

Good luck!

Grenoside is gorgoeus and really quiet ..but i doubt you get anything decent for 150k :(

The village of Stannington (has) no worse a yob/litter problem than the 'best' areas of Sheffield..

Do you have stats to back that up?

My job takes me to virtually all suburbs of Sheffield and from personal experience, can confidently say that Stannington is one of the 'better' areas in this respect.

Furthermore, how possible is it to produce 'stats' to equate litter/yob problems?

Grenoside is gorgoeus and really quiet ..but i doubt you get anything decent for 150k :(

Where do you live? I moved from Grenoside because of all the problems with gangs of youths around the park. People were getting muged and intimidated. Peoples cars were getting damaged when parked in the community centre car park and as for the pubs, the top red lion is like a western saloon. I now live at the top end of High Green and I love it, It is quite, there are no gangs of youths and my local pub is how pubs were ment to be! inviting and friendly.

My Mum still lives in Grenoside (which is were I was born) but my brothers and myself cant wait to get her out of there.

yeah woodhouse is a great area. i know a house that is up for sale in meetinghouse lane.

we live in North Anston, the surrounding villages of Todwick, Kiveton and Harthill are all nice, nearby the M1, good buses and the train to sheffield - lincoln is in kiveton. Nice prices as well still, with some new build estates as well as excouncil/council estates as well.

I would agree with this one - I live in Todwick and it really is a village. Public transport is acceptable with buses to Sheff, Roth and Meadowhall. Close proximity to both Kiveton and Dinnington both of which have local shops etc. 2 train stations in Kiveton and only 10 mins drive from Halfway tram park and ride or Crystal Peaks tram. Excellent access to M1, A1 and the M18 and the area has Good schools to add to its portfolio. There are some 3 bed semis in and around the price range quoted. Get the Dinnington and Maltby edition of the Worksop Guardian and the Rotherham Advertiser (both out on Fridays) and take a look at the properties on offer and would suggest that you have a drive round too. Happy house hunting !

i live in wharncliffe side its a hamlet next to outibridge its very nice and quiet

with a great pub. the blue ball a great school too.

and on the edge of the peak park.for £150k you will get a nice cottage and may be a semi?

highly recomened.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: