Meadowhall versus the City Centre!

Meadowhall is great, not that we go often, as we can get all we need in other places, we get around to Chesterfield town centre and the market, Sheffield Moor, city centre, Market area.

The best thing about Meadowhall is that you are protected from the bad weather and you can sit down somewhere warm when your dogs are barking.

Meadowhall is the best place in the world. Id happily spend whole days there if i had the time. I love the layout and the shops and the atmosphere. When i die im having my ashes scattered in the fake plant pots there.

Its my 2nd home.

Originally posted by kittykat

Meadowhall is the best place in the world. Id happily spend whole days there if i had the time. I love the layout and the shops and the atmosphere. When i die im having my ashes scattered in the fake plant pots there.

Its my 2nd home.

In Meadowhall everything you need is a short walk away - it should be open 24 hrs and have 'quiet' rooms with recliners for sleeping in.

Took the wife and baby shopping in the city centre today. I decided that I was sick of being dragged round meadowhall for clothes and xmas pressie shopping.

Why did I bother!

1. Parked in a rubbished NCP car park that involved several manouvers just to climb several ramps to find the last (extra small) parking space on the top floor. (Meadowhall has easy access to parking)

2. Had to carry Pram (with baby and usual accessories) down 8 flights of stairs to ground floor level. (Meadowhall uses a little invention called a lift)

3. Had to manouver pram along several stretches of so called 'pavement'. Complete with pot holes, broken paving tiles, and dips so that said pram virtually falls over. (Meadowhall has no such walkway hazards)

4. Went it and out of several extremely small shops with barely any width for the pram. (Meadowhall shops are generally light airy and spacious)

5. Waded our way past a tonne of litter. (Meadowhall employes cleaning staff)

6. Got approached by 4 Big Issue Sellers (I gave money to 1 but didn't take the magazine - dont like it), and 3 Catalogue Sellers who refused to take 'no' for an answer - although '**** OFF' worked. (Although Meadowhall occasionally host on the spot sales staff - they have never badgered me into a sale)

7. Unable to locate anything along the lines of decent baby changing facilities, but eventually managed to find a baby changer in Debenhams on the Moor. (Meadowhall has several, clean, tidy baby changing rooms)

8. Paid a bloody fortune £14 for 2 tiny portions of fish and chips and 2 teas at Debenhams Cafe. After climbing all the stairs in the building ot the top floor owing to ALL the lifts being out of order :rant: (Meadowhall has a large number of food outlets some offering quality meals)

9. Paid the £4 parking fee for the WORST 1 hr and 30 mins of my life. (Meadowhall do not yet charge for parking)

MY WIFE AND I BOTH AGREE - WE WILL NEVER GO SHOPPING THERE AGAIN.

Sounds like you'd have been better off using park and ride facilities and using the tram to town ? Did you go to the proper city centre or just the Moor (always seems nasty there) ?

I agree Meadowhall is better! It's warmer too as everything is under one roof!

Oh yes Meadowhall at Christmas is so much better than town ...... hardly.

Not just on about at christmas, it's better overall!!!

'Better'

Depends on your needs. If you are canny its possible to have a good shopping experience in town and there's more choice of decent eateries if you know where to go.

For people with nippers I guess shopping anywhere would be a stressful outing where ever you choose.

We started off at the Moor and went as far as Fargate, then hurried back!

It would seem that the Moor is long-overdue for some re-development.

Internet shopping - much better than both.......

Yeah to the internet!