Sheffield Allotment Federation

cris 71, Hi

thanks for the message, I will make Harris Road one on my visits early in the new year, I would do it sooner but unfortunately I can only do visits on weekends at the minute...

Will let you know when I have been and what response I get from the Allotment Office.

Kim

hi kim Good to hear from you and you found the site, and getting the fed more well known.

Bye Beety:banana:

Hello,

Just to mention I have been on a course this year with a senior member of council staff with some responsibility for areas including allotments. They are very passionate about improiving the parks and allotments, and are dismayed that sheffield gets such a low level of investement in these areas compared to neighbours such as Leeds.

I could put you in touch Kim if you send me a message.

My plot is on grimesthorpe. It is a great site, and i love it there! There is a shop, toilter and meeting hut, plus a number of community groups and projects. It's genuinely multicultural and altogether a reason to be cheerful!

Craig

Hello,

Just to mention I have been on a course this year with a senior member of council staff with some responsibility for areas including allotments. They are very passionate about improiving the parks and allotments, and are dismayed that sheffield gets such a low level of investement in these areas compared to neighbours such as Leeds.

I could put you in touch Kim if you send me a message.

My plot is on grimesthorpe. It is a great site, and i love it there! There is a shop, toilter and meeting hut, plus a number of community groups and projects. It's genuinely multicultural and altogether a reason to be cheerful!

Craig

Craig,

thanks for that yes I would like the contact details (sorry for the delay in responding been a strange week!!)

Kim

:D Sheffield Allotment Federation Public Meeting. The next public meeting of the Fed will be held on the 15th of January at the Park Gardeners Club on Cricket Inn Road (near to the Hyde Park Flats) there is a car park and the Meadowhall tram stops just across the road, the bus stop is just outside as well.

The meeting is due to start at 7.00pm. I look forward to meeting some of you at the meeting. Kim

oh no - the 15th is a Monday right ? I won't be able to come - but would love to have a summary / minutes of the meeting. Are all of the Sheffield allotments represented ?

SORRY next weeks meeting is TUESDAY the 16th not monday as previously stated, doing confused.......

all other details are correct, 6.45 for 7.00 start.

IGNORE this message next weeks meeting is on MONDAY the 15th

oh no - the 15th is a Monday right ? I won't be able to come - but would love to have a summary / minutes of the meeting. Are all of the Sheffield allotments represented ?

Next weeks meeting is MONDAY sorry for any confusion.... No not all sites are represented, which is one of the reasons we got on the Forum, to encourage more people to get involved. Strength in numbers and all that. Also to help us to be more representative, which is one of the things I want to improve generally. Currently there are 72 council allotment sites in Sheffield only about a third of those have societies/associations and not all of them are members of the FED. If you add to that all the private allotment sites as well only about 6 are involved with the FED.

We do have several individual members from sites that dont yet have societies. One of the FEDs aims is to encourage more sites to have societies / associations. We also have members who represent community groups and members who represent blind / partially sighted gardeners and wheelchair bound gardeners

So the more the better.

Hope to see you soon

Kim

ah, Tuesday - I will try my very best to get there.

mc55 please accept my sincere apologies next weeks meeting is on MONDAY its another meeting that has been moved! really sorry foir the mix up.

Kim

oh shucks ! never mind

Hi Kim

I was planning to come - do you know if anyone else from Hagg Hill is attending?

See you on Monday

Vicky :)