Sheffield Allotment Federation

What's the average waiting time for an allottment in the S9/S7 area? I'm down for both, but have no idea when I'd (ever) get one, and like other's couldn't take on a jungle plot right now.

Albi,

sorry for not replying sooner had computer trouble!

Waiting times vary considerably depending on the specific sites that you have requested. If the site is full you are either waiting for someone to give up a plot (or be issued with a notice to quit) or waiting for an occupant to pass on. I know this is not particulalry helpful, however if you are already on the waiting list the Allotment Office should be able to give you an idea of where you are on the list and maybe a rough idea of when you might get one.

NEXT FEDERATION PUBLIC MEETING: Monday the 16th of July at Corker Bottoms Allotment Site, Corker Bottoms Lane, Manor Sheffield. 7 - 9 pm

Corker Bottoms can be accessed by car via Beaumont Road North, drop down past the Steel Foundry Workers Club and as the road ends turn left after the bottom house, drive up the lane to the big gates. Please do not try bringing your car down Corker Bottoms Lane from Manor Lane as the top of the lane is not tarmacked, however this access is Ok for cycles and pedestrians (so I am led to believe).

This will be a meeting and a look round the site, refreshments will be available and the site hut and toilet are disabled access, however not many of the plots are suitable for persons using wheelchairs as many have a step up or narrow paths from the drive.

Look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

I would like to thank all those people who attended the meeting at Corker Bottoms. It was a really good night. Thank you

Ok time for an update, come along and see us at Sheffield Fayre, Norfolk Heritage Park on Sunday and Monday the 26th and 27th of August we will be in the Horticultural Marquee on both days from 10.30am untill 5.30pm. This is a free family event so you dont have to pay to get in although there is a £2 fee for parking if you can get in the car park!!! Hope to see you there.

Hello,

the next public meeting of the Allotment Federation will take place on Monday the 17th of September 7-9pm at the Centre in the Park Norfolk Heritage Park (car park off Guildford Avenue).

We look forward to seeing you then

If you would like to become more involved please come along as the AGM is in a couple of months and we are looking for new committee members!!!