Sheffield Allotment Federation

My name is Kim McMaster and I am the President of the Sheffield Allotment Fed, I have just been made aware of this site and thought I better join up and post some info for all allotment holders, the Federation meet on a monthly basis and in future I will post all meeting dates and venues on this site. My phone number is 2758454, feel free to call me or e-mail me.

Sorry if you have not heard about us before, I became President 12 months ago and we are currently updating all of our contact lists, if your site has an allotment society then meeting info will be posted out to the secretary if we have contact details for them.

Well, welcome Kim69! I think you might be a little bit hassled now, but all for a good reason :hihi:

I dont mind being hassled, the more people that hassle me the more I have to work with and the better equiped I will be to deal with the Council.

Its took all year to sort out the problems I inherited but now we are in a position to deal with other peoples problems. Anything from the overgrown plot next door to setting up an allotment society/association on your site. Anything related to allotments that you think we might be able to help you with... get in touch or come along to a meeting will let you have the details of the meeting in January.

hey, great to hear from you. Hope to attend the next meeting.

hmmm, I'm currently tackling the council about putting other people on my plot. Seems they have no record of me so I've forwarded them their emails to me regarding my plot! We'll see what happens now.

Hiya Kim :wave:

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Best wishes -

Red

PS Thanks for the offer of a lift the other week - but I needed the exercise by walking home.

do you have a tenancy agreement?

ahh, there lies the problem. I was offered it in August and accepted it, they then sent me some bumf but no agreement. I emailed them about it and they apologised but still no agreement came. I contacted them again ...and nothing. Now this. I have a record of all emails so now they are looking into it.

Keep on at them and hopefully you will achieve what you desire, if not give us a call and we will see what we can do to help.

sorry if you need to e-mail me my address is [email protected] my home address is 13 Guildford Avenue, Norfolk Park, Sheffield, S2 2PJ. Anything we can help with, however be warned it's our Secretary who knows allotment law off by heart, I might have to put some people in touch with her, however she does not do e-mail only telephone! However I am quite good with the tenancy agreement and I dont mind arguing the point with Officers and elected councillors.

:help: Hi Kim, welcome to the forum!!

Any chance you could do something about sites such as Harris Road? There are no free plots available, but all of them (except for maybe one or two) are completely unused and overgrown. Why does the Council keep renewing the allotment contracts to these people, when there is a waiting list? The same applies to many other sites that I have viewed.

It is so very frustrating. I want an allotment so badly! But I feel I cannot take on "jungle-style" plots, despite all the wonderful encouragement I have had on this forum to do so. I believe the Council has a duty to maintain their sites in a decent condition, I wish they honoured it!

Allotments do so much good to so many people, the Council should take them more seriously!

Thanks for reading this rant, hope you can help!

Best wishes