Perhaps now they may consider banning fireworks

There was a fire the other day at a factory that produces those re-igniting birthday cake candles - the fire brigade were obviously called, again, and again, and again.....

i love a good giggle and that certainly did it for me.

seriously though, i have thought that they should ban sales to the general public, just have organised displays, like they used to have in the good old days (in public parks) i would not mind paying a few £ for that pleasure knowing i was safer than when youths get there silly hands on them.

Captain Knee Jerk.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault. Fireworks bring pleasure to many people, and apart from genuine accidents, most people are killed or injured by their own stupidity.

Like hairdryers with "do not use in the shower" tags, if your stupid enough to stick a rocket up your arse you deserve injury.

My respect to the firefighters, at the end of the day, it was a tragic accident, and they are only the 11th firefighters to be killed since 1990 or there abouts, which shows the tremendous skill and training these guys have.

It was a tragic accident, if it had been another oil depot, or a gas storage facility, it would have been the same, unless there was criminal negligence, which will be proved true/false in due course.

Joel

It's made me think twice about the position of the Chinese Fireworks place on London Road! I understand they were heavily fined not so long ago for not storing their fireworks properly or for storing far too many than was safe. I think I shall not linger when passing there! :o

you worry about some poxy little fireworks were theres more worrying chemicals under your sink and the recipes on the internet this ones for a flamethrower

http://mirror.linnwood.org/flamethrower/

ive seen others for home maid bombs rocket launchers you would be surprised

OK camping-gaz, I'll fall for your troll, "poxy little fireworks"indeed, I'd like to see you stand right next to one of the ones referred to in this thread when it explodes. They are a far cry from the "Bangers" of my youth and therefore, due to their strength should only be sold to authorised people.

And as for the information available on the Internet for the construction of various weapons, you can find the details for the construction of an Atom bomb, but it doesn't mean that you're actually going to make one, does it? The points made refer to the use of products that are freely available to the general public and shouldn't be. 'nuf said.