Perhaps now they may consider banning fireworks

Two firefighters killed putting out a fire at a fireworks factory.

How can the government dis-allow you to take a nail file on an aeroplane but you are perfectly within your rights to buy explosives which are guaranteed death and severe injury???

Ban all fireworks

Fire at a bread factory! Ban all bread!

You can't kill people with bread you fool!

Fireworks are explosives - bombs in making!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1242796,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/6204452.stm

Two fire crew members have been killed in a major blaze at a fireworks depot.

At least 12 others have been injured, some seriously, in the fire at the Festival Fireworks factory near Halland, East Sussex.

Emergency services rushed to the scene at The Broyle from 1350 GMT. A 200-metre exclusion zone is in place.

Eye-witnesses reported seeing a huge mushroom cloud of smoke from several miles away and explosions of fireworks which sent debris through the air.

Sussex Police said a 49-year-old fire officer and a 63-year-old member of the fire support staff - a retired officer - had died.

Two firefighters killed putting out a fire at a fireworks factory.

How can the government dis-allow you to take a nail file on an aeroplane but you are perfectly within your rights to buy explosives which are guaranteed death and severe injury???

Ban all fireworks

Would you have suggested banning petrol and oil after the fire at the refinery some time ago?

I dislike fireworks intensely - or rather their modern implementations - but this isn't a logical argument for banning them all, I'm afraid.

It certainly seems that some sort of investigation as to how teh place went up is essential, though!

!

try telling that to a Coeliac :cool:

Knee-jerk alert - ban everything, in case it's dangerous.

Knee-jerk alert - ban everything, in case it's dangerous.

In this case justified, not regarding danger, it is just that they are a pain in the arse (as that squaddie will tell you, who stuffed one up his bum).

They are just a modern way of saying 'look how much we are enjoying ourselves'

They should be restricted to one night Bonfire Night, for the few sad proddies who celebrate a Yorkshireman being hung drawn and quartered.

Their use on any other occassion is just an American affectation, and should be shunned by true Englishmen. :thumbsup:

In this case justified, not regarding danger, it is just that they are a pain in the arse (as that squaddie will tell you, who stuffed one up his bum).

They are just a modern way of saying 'look how much we are enjoying ourselves'

They should be restricted to one night Bonfire Night, for the few sad proddies who celebrate a Yorkshireman being hung drawn and quartered.

Their use on any other occassion is just an American affectation, and should be shunned by true Englishmen. :thumbsup:

I can't really disagree - they should be regulated far more stringently, and that will come soon enough, I'm sure.

I can't really disagree - they should be regulated far more stringently, and that will come soon enough, I'm sure.

I'm getting old - they freak me out these days more than they freak out the cats here. :)

I think I draw the line at anything that makes the house shake when it explodes above it. just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much gunpowder or whatever it is goes in to a typical modern firework of the 'big bang' variety?

There was a fire the other day at a factory that produces those re-igniting birthday cake candles - the fire brigade were obviously called, again, and again, and again.....

Fireworks are explosives - bombs in making!

Ever been stabbed with a Pretzel?

Seriously though, modern fireworks are far too potentially lethal to be placed in the hands of the general public. They upset far too many people/pets when they are used and therefore should be subject to restriction.