New years eve...midnight track?

i was having an interesting conversation the other night, about what song i would love to hear at midnight on new years eve.....any more thoughts?

either in a bar, or club, or party.........

what about breathe - prodogy or insomnia by faithless?

The obvious one is one of the many remixes of U2's "New Years Day". Most fitting one I heard was at a party on NYE 2000/2001 where a banging version of 2001 A Space Odyssey was played.

A Faithless or Prodigy track would be amazing... "We Come 1" or "Breathe" mebbeh?!

I was a warehouse party a few years back where Groove Armada played "Superstylin" live. That was a good one, as was hearing Fatboy drop Chime by Orbital.

On a slightly different tip I'd love to hear Frank Sinatra "Thats Life".

A Faithless or Prodigy track would be amazing... "We Come 1" or "Breathe" mebbeh?!

Inland Knights played 'Outta Space' at Remedy one year...ACE! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Depends on the type of party.

Chime is always cool but whenever it's a house party we end up playing 1999 by Prince.

I'm hoping Talking heads- once ina lifetime will come on though, it's the song that automatically reminds me of being incredibly happy.

Wilf

i once had the honour of playing the midnight track at a house party and i went with a mashup of roger sanchez the animal and junior jack thrill me

2003/2004 I played the Maurice Fulton mix of "Year of the Apocalypse" by Jimi Tenor...however, that was about ten past twelve (bar situation...got there late and missed midnight due to huge blizzard). A vee funky choon.

Last year at a warehouse party the Housekeeping boys (the lanky, trout-faced one ;) ) played "All Night Long" by the man Richie. BOMB!

Funniest was 1998/1999 at a house party in rural West Yorkshire, "Come Together" by Primal Scream, during which a big fight broke out.

Chic - 'Good Times'.

At midnight, mid-day, or indeed at any time. Just brilliant.