Sign in to follow this  

Norfolk Park & Herdings tower blocks

no, this is one on its own at norton, not norfolk park

just been informed its in jordanthorpe

Oh sorry... that's Chantrey. There were 3, but the other 2, Ramsey & Rhodes, have been demolished.

I posted a response here to you, Jonathon, but it seems to have disappeared. It was the address of the Norfolk Park Community and Information Resource Centre. They are the ones who should know. Any use?

Laura

Ahh... I haven't heard of them before. I'll search for them on the net/in the phonebook - thanks!

Norfolk Park CRIC: 2797617 :)

They may put you intouch with Stuart Massey, who's a major player in the regen game (SCC).

Best of luck

Laura

are my pics on the site yet?

I uploaded 2 of your photos today Mikey... 1 to Cliffe and 1 to Talbot. I would have liked to have done a sequence of all the photos showing the blowdown, but there are 70,000 buildings in our database so I can only really justify 1 photo for a demolished 17-storey tower block in Sheffield! Still, they look good.

Thanks for the number Laura! I'll phone them tomorrow and see if I can get those last few addresses.

So, does anybody know the name of the third Herdings tower block?! :D

How long has it been now that Mickley at Norfolk Park has been vacated for? :? Does anyone know when (along the lines of what day...or month) they are planning on demolishing it?

Jonathon - It was 16. 16 16 16 16 16! :lol:

Starchild - Mickley's been empty for a while now. It's supposed to be demolished this very year. Should have been last year, but there was a sudden last minute discovery of a very large, very important, very forgotten about tank in the basement that then had to be delicately removed and dumped on the site of the new school.

I'll post dates for demolition when I get them.

Nice one!! Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the tank in the basement :? I wondered if they were planning to blow it up like the others or if they had found another method during all this time that Mickley has been vacated for, cos it seems like the new homes they've been building are pretty close to the site. :shock:

Tee hee...

they have it down to a fine art, didn't you know? Of course, those of us watching the Guildford Avenue blocks go down might think a little differently, lol. A 'slight miscalculation' meant that instead of going straight down, the second one leaned over and gave us all a bit of a ...surprise. :shock: :lol:

I've seen them all come down (for work - I'm not a tower destructo freak). It never gets old.

Originally posted by "cosywolf"

I've seen them all come down (for work - I'm not a tower destructo freak). It never gets old.

I can imagine :wink: I missed out on the others, I've been past Mickley on the tram for ages now, wondering when it's about to come down...hopefully I will catch that one, any idea when the Claywood ones are due to come down? :?