Please help, I am confused - which Broadband supplier is best?

Hi

I just finish my contract with telewest and not going back there useless. I am looking at bulldog but there seems to be a lot of bad reports. I have got a BT line just need a broadband provider prerferble cheap one. Any advice would be welcome thank you

Whatever you do DON'T go with AOL, if you think Telewest were bad you'd be shocked if you went with them.

Personally I'm on Orange 2 Mb for £17.99 a month and it's great, never goes down or anything... And it works on Xbox Live, which is very important for me as I play online quite a bit at the moment.

There is BT Broadband, Madasafish, Pipex, Tiscali, TalkTalk, Toucan, Nildram..

It all depends on what you actually want with your broadband (bandwidth, downloads etc..)

Talk Talk

Don't go with Talk Talk, their service is allegedly even worse than AOhell, and that's just customer service never mind the actual connection.

I went with BT's business broadband service. It's not the cheapest, but I've found I've had no real problems with either performance or availability.

The only 'outages' I've had were either network failure type things or 'planned', and there's been maybe 3 of those in the last 3 years.

Because I do some work form home, I wanted a reiable service so I decided that as I had a BT line, if I went with BT they couldn't palm me off on to another company if things went wrong!

However, I appreciate that for home use the service I sue might be OTT and too expensive - with the extras I've chosen on my account I get a bill of about £140 a quarter. And yes, I know I could get cheaper, but as I said - I want to use my Broadband service, not complain about it. :)

If you got money to burn Joe then good for you... Most of us don't have vast Business Empires like you though...

If you got money to burn Joe then good for you... Most of us don't have vast Business Empires like you though...

I spend my money on what's important to me.

Having reliable Broadband is important to me. :)

Like I said - I like to use it not bitch about it not working.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com (aka ADSLguide) is a good sourcce of info.

I am personally with Zen and they are good but more expensive that others.

Bulldog are very very bad and I wouldn't use them again (unfortunately I have used them before).

It depends what you want from your BB connection to be honest.

Do you download? How much do you download? Do you need up to 8mb line or are you happy with 2mb?

Cheap isn't always best but you get what you pay for usually.

Some people hate AOL, my brother found them to be great.

Pipex are quickly going down the pan apparently and Plus.net are shocking at best.

Supanet are good but they only do 12 months contracts.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com (aka ADSLguide) is a good sourcce of info.

I am personally with Zen and they are good but more expensive that others.

Bulldog are very very bad and I wouldn't use them again (unfortunately I have used them before).

It depends what you want from your BB connection to be honest.

Do you download? How much do you download? Do you need up to 8mb line or are you happy with 2mb?

Cheap isn't always best but you get what you pay for usually.

Some people hate AOL, my brother found them to be great.

Pipex are quickly going down the pan apparently and Plus.net are shocking at best.

Supanet are good but they only do 12 months contracts.

really?

im on pipex, never had a problem

also check out

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Most cases you get what you pay for.

AOL. Simple as that.

God knows where the bad rep comes from but Ive never had any trouble with it at all and neither have the many people I know who are also with them.

AOL. Simple as that.

God knows where the bad rep comes from but Ive never had any trouble with it at all and neither have the many people I know who are also with them.

I have AOL too Jabb, no trouble once I got use to it, wouldn't change now.