Hartley brook infant and junior school

Hi. I went to this school from 1951 to 1958. I remember some of the teachers at that time. Mr Bloxham, Mr Kettlewell, Miss Blatchford, Miss Heaton. And some of the class mates. Wonder how many are still with us? Some I've found on Friends reunited. I missed the last reunion but would love to be at the next. has anyone arranged another one yet?:)

I think my brother and his wife went around that time. Elvin and Christine

Hi. I went to this school from 1951 to 1958. I remember some of the teachers at that time. Mr Bloxham, Mr Kettlewell, Miss Blatchford, Miss Heaton. And some of the class mates. Wonder how many are still with us? Some I've found on Friends reunited. I missed the last reunion but would love to be at the next. has anyone arranged another one yet?:)

We moved to Shiregreen in December and I spent the last 7 months of my primary education there.What I remember and what really disgusts me is that there wasn't much attempt to educate the kids in the B class.They just seemed to play and not do much hard study.The 4B lads had the job of taking the milk round in the mornings and setting up the PE apparatus on Wednesday afternoons,all this during lesson time which could have been put to much better use.It now seems to me that they were just being groomed for the scrap heap.I remember most of the names mentioned above plus Mrs Brown and the headmistress Miss Wragg.

I think my brother and his wife went around that time. Elvin and Christine

is that elvin and christine smith because they were at school when i was there

I left in 1948 from Mr Wild's class.

i left in 2002 mrs bigg's class

wish i could go back, and not have a care in the world:hihi:

Yes it is, do you remember them? Were you in the same class?

is that elvin and christine smith because they were at school when i was there

Yes it is, do you remember them? Were you in the same class?

hi no i was same year,think elvin lived down don rd remember them as they were going out when they were at school

I went to Hartley Brook from 1947-1953 also my two older brothers. I was in Miss Heaton class in my last 2 years. Didn't know there had been a reunion. We were the Garner family does anyone remember us?

My mum went there around 1947 ish or perhaps before. Her name was Jean Antcliffe.

She use to tell me about the teacher who rattled your knuckles with six rulers. probably miss Eaton or Heaton.

And how they were scared to waste food in the dinner hall ,the lettuce use to have bugs in it so they use to sneak it in their hankies.

her friends then were Joan and marrie.

Joans married name is Eddison. Possibly marries maiden name was Dearn. and her married name could be webster.