So sick of Sky TV...

I have just cancelled my subsription after a million and one problems with the service.

I have the TV, phone and internet and have had nothing but grief.

My sky plus is constantly playing up after 1 previous engineers visit at a cost and now they want to charge me again.

The internet connects when it feels like it more not than does and I have 1 pc and 2 laptops and all are doing the same thing, I have been on BB for 6 weeks now and it started as soon as the installer walked out of my door.

They refuse to come and sort it and now I have decided to ditch them completly.

Why do Sky treat there customers like they do......I'm off to cable now when I find the number.

Right I will now post this thread, if I'm still connected.

I'm sick of them for an entire different reason. They have bough Lost and I can't see it now unless I buy Sky, but I have no intention of doing anything as absurd.

I couldn't be happier with sky!

I threaten to leave every three months and they give me everything half price for the 3 months! thumbs up!

Blade1983 - we tried that and they weren't having none of it! :rant::help::confused:

Sky just a big rip off. Move channels rubbish - nothing but repeats and the films they repeat are not even good ones

i wouldn't pay mostly repeats and 24hour regurgitating news

I refuse to pay to see 49% adverts.

Fact : i can turn the sky on and its adverts. I can then go to the kitchen, get out a bowl and spoon, open soup, heat the soup on a hob, slice bread and pretty much eat the soup...

.. and the adverts are still on !!!!

I refuse to pay to watch adverts, its a scam.

I may soon start to download TV shows from sites i may have heard of (though i recently saw a one hour lecture on how bittorrent killed the tv, focuses on how advertising will change in the future and commercial breaks will be a thing of the past, also how soon Big companies will buy a tv show, then give it you for free as its their advertisements on it. Bye bye distributers and TV channels, very informative programme).

I love Sky TV itself, but I don't think Sky Broadband is all it's cracked up to be, we've got the free up to 2 Mb service up at Mum's, and loads of connection problems, won't always connect.. Honestly even AOL was often better than this load of rubbish.

TV turns you into an obedient moron - go on, get rid *look into my eyes. You do not need a telly. You do not need a telly*

Murdoch only spends the money on drugs anyway (possibly).

I couldn't be happier with sky!

I threaten to leave every three months and they give me everything half price for the 3 months! thumbs up!

I wish they did that for me.

We did the same thing and they just cancelled our subscription.

Always amuses me when people make out that Sky has more ads than, say, ITV or C4.

Lost on C4 filled a 1 hour slot - Lost on Sky fills a 1 hour slot. Thus same 42/43 min episode with same 17/18 mins ads.

Angel, when shown on 4 filled a 1 hour slot....and was cut (one episode was reduced to a mere 33 mins from the original 44). On Sky it was a 1 hour slot...and the full version.

Thus less ads.

Now I know that, in theory, ITV and C4 are 'free'...but you try watching them without paying for a TV license...see how long that 'free' element lasts! Anyway, at least with SKY, if I am at home in the daytime before going to work I can tune into SG1 rather than Loose-bleeding-Women!

unplug ur tv, take it to the loft, and leave it there

download all the stuff u wanna see

jobs a guddun

not that i'd advocate illegal behaviour of course ...