Rainbow Forge Primary

It was the same when it was a senior school as it is now it's a junior school. Only with shorter/younger pupils and smaller furniture.

I went to Rainbow Forge in the 60s we had Miss Clamp who became Mrs Creer (or vice versa) who I think went to Canada. I remember Mr Atkinson with his big moustache and I think there was a Miss Fisher or Miss Booth can't remember which lol and of course Miss Cantor who could be a right dragon. I think 2 of the teachers there married each other but can't remember their names.

I attended Rainbow Forge Junior from 1953 to 1956 then Carter Lodge 1956 to 1960.

My form teacher at Carter Lodge was Mr Seston.

Names I remember from Carter Lodge are Susan Clark (good singer), Adrian Nettleship, Jean Allot (best friend), Jannine Wordsworth (long red hair), Barry Morton.

When I worked at Lombard Banking on Union Street, Barry's brother Alan was the bank manager there. A really nice man and good boss.

The only name I remember from Rainbow Forge is Ann Beaumont. I clearly remember a teacher telling Ann off for having dirty shoes.:rolleyes: Ann had had her hair permed and the teacher told her it was no good having nice hair and dirty shoes.

Bet teachers today wouldn't say that today, in case it psycologically damaged the little darlings

my husband went to Carter Lodge his name is Michael Coddington he left in 1963

I went to Rainbow Forge and Carter Lodge. Finished secondary in 1985/6-can never remember which. Had a good time but didn't do well with qualifications, too much truanting! Got grades in the end but only after going to college. Was anybody in my year? Friends were Rachael Holyhead(still in touch with) Maxine Matthews, Julie Gyarmati, Michelle Foster and others. Would love to know what people are up to now. Remember fantastic sledging, what seemed like every winter, on a hill overlooking Scowerdons?? next to a park. On carrier bags of all things! Oh so many cut bums.

something fishy about that .

The name rings a bell what age was he when he left Carter Lodge

Memory is not too good but i went to Carter Lodge on its opening day

i came from Frecheville School as we had no senior school on Hackenthorpe

went straight into 3rd yr Mr Scott,Miss Payne was music teacher Mr Millington was geography,Mr Arblaster was art master and of course in those days teachers doubled up on subjects.

I also remember the youthclub we had there

and yes i remember crosscountry runs best thing i ever did anything to get out

of class,by the end i think they were as glad to see the back of me as i was of

them except Miss Payne:)

my daughter went to rainbow forge on birley spa lane and then rainbow forge on the carter lodge site , i remember the first day it moved to carter lodge my wife and myself both took her to school that day.

a lot of my old friends went to the old carter lodge.

I'm wondering if I know you Alex. How old are you now if you don't mind me asking.

I attended Rainbow Forge Junior from 1953 to 1956 then Carter Lodge 1956 to 1960.

My form teacher at Carter Lodge was Mr Seston.

Names I remember from Carter Lodge are Susan Clark (good singer), Adrian Nettleship, Jean Allot (best friend), Jannine Wordsworth (long red hair), Barry Morton.

When I worked at Lombard Banking on Union Street, Barry's brother Alan was the bank manager there. A really nice man and good boss.

The only name I remember from Rainbow Forge is Ann Beaumont. I clearly remember a teacher telling Ann off for having dirty shoes.:rolleyes: Ann had had her hair permed and the teacher told her it was no good having nice hair and dirty shoes.

Bet teachers today wouldn't say that today, in case it psycologically damaged the little darlings

Ann Beaumont was our neighbour's daughter. Her parents were from London and they both worked on the buses as conductors, they were a very nice family.

Edited by DUFFEMS
spelling

It was 1955 I was at the Village School Hackenthorpe, then to Rainbow Forge, The Head was Miss Cantor there was Mr Taylor, Miss Box thats all I can remember.

Carter Lodge I can remember Kirk and his Cross Country runs down Drakehouse Lane. You mention Mr Seston I remember him well from science.

Who was the french teacher and can you remember the time there was a chess champion after school who played 20 of us at once.

Happy days

I attended Carterlodge from 1960 till 1962. We were allowed to watch Princess Margaret's wedding on t.v at the school. I remember Mr Fineberg. He took us for English. Mr Seston took us for History. Mr Arblaster for art and Mr Morgan ( horrible man) for music.My brother Ian also attended in 1960/1961. I was in Alpha 1. My name then was Susan Watson.