Sign in to follow this  

Good Chinese restaurant

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I am looking for a really good chinese restaurant in Sheffield. My boyfriend wants to take me out for a chinese tonight and has told me to book a table. Problem is, I have never been for a chinese before (I know, I've led a sheltered life :lol: ) so I am hoping someone here can give me a recommendation. Please! :lol:

Go to the Vietnamese Noodle Bar on London Rd

Not strictly a chinese but it sells oriental food

Its cheap, you can bring your own wine/beer, you can spend anything from £3.50 for a noodle dish to £15 for a set meal.

Failing that go to Candy Town at bottom of London rd and get a set meal.

I always find that it is easier to do this as you get a mixed selection of dishes.

Have a good un

Not a chinese but...

Bahn Nah in Broomhill is the best Thai restaurant I've ever been to. Get the set meal for two and prepare for a taste sensation! I'd recommend booking early today though.

Originally posted by "steelblade"

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I am looking for a really good chinese restaurant in Sheffield. My boyfriend wants to take me out for a chinese tonight and has told me to book a table. Problem is, I have never been for a chinese before (I know, I've led a sheltered life :lol: ) so I am hoping someone here can give me a recommendation. Please! :lol:

Candytown at the botom of London Road is EXCELLENT!

Golden Dragon (just off the Moor shopping precinct) VERY VERY GOOD

Oriental Buffet nr Fitzalan Square (Opposite Ponds Forge) is said to be amazing and good value.

Don't use TOP WOK just off the moor as I found the service below standard.

Thanks for the info, we have decided on Candy Town. Da Bouncer I am holding you responsible if it's bad! :lol:

Thanks for the info, we have decided on Candy Town. Da Bouncer I am holding you responsible if it's bad! :lol:

I'm not telling you were I'm working tonight then if you're gonna beat me up! :wink:

Da Bouncer - are you REALLY a bouncer?

If so, whereabouts have you worked/do you work? I'm sure I'll know you to see you, considering the number of places around toon that I've worked.

Thanks Tony, well I couldn't get hold of anyone at candy town so we have gone with the golden dragon, I hope its nice.

Thanks Tony, well I couldn't get hold of anyone at candy town so we have gone with the golden dragon, I hope its nice.

Hold out for candy town... it's better than Golden Dragon.

Originally posted by "waxy chuff"

Da Bouncer - are you REALLY a bouncer?

If so, whereabouts have you worked/do you work? I'm sure I'll know you to see you, considering the number of places around toon that I've worked.

Yes I am a bouncer. I've worked all over really. Casbah, Walkabout, Takapuna, Republic, Bed etc etc.

I also have a day job too.

Just got through to Candy Town, they are closed for a refurb.

So would you say golden dragon is next best place?

Boyfriend has been to Top Wok before and said it was ok but It doesn't seem to have good reviews.

I just hate it when you go out for a meal, pay loads and it's pants.