What is Sheffields BEST area?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What is Sheffields BEST area?

• Dore
    • Ecclesall
    • Fulwood
    • Ranmoor
    • Totley
    • Other (post explanation, not just 'cos i live there')

tried to add it, but it only lets u have 6 options, so just count it in ecclesall. when i say ecclesall i dont mean the student end nearer town i mean the surbaban end further from town.

ps. da bouncer i posted on ur house exchange thread

Originally posted by "t020"

tried to add it, but it only lets u have 6 options, so just count it in ecclesall. when i say ecclesall i dont mean the student end nearer town i mean the surbaban end further from town.

ps. da bouncer i posted on ur house exchange thread

Yeah I got that, good advice, but I'm still hopin that the bargain and house do-up challenge may present itself!

We are already looking to buy around Greystones.

Define BEST? Do you mean richest as in disposable income or least burglaries or proximity to city or countryside or cosmopolitan mix or what?

Ecclesall as affluent as it is has houses as close together as anywhere in the city. I now pose the question, Which is the BEST area of these to live in: Parson Cross, Wybourn, Manor, Longley or Hyde Park.

by BEST i mean affluency, lack of council housing, parks, trees, scenery, flash cars, big houses, well kept gardens, etc. and ecclesalls houses aren't "close together", and if they were, how would this affect affluency? no houses in ecclesall, and i live here, can be defined as "close together", unless u count the terraced houses in the student zone, but that is not strictly ecclesall, people just think it is cos its on/just off ecclesall road.

crescent road, nether edge is pretty good on several of your criteria. I thin k Sheffield partly defies classification like this because of all its nooks and crannies.

And I would probably use another version of best that includes

friendliness of neighbours

multiethnicity

number of convenience stores

number of restaurants

number of nice pubs w/o jukeboxes/machines

weather (sheffield, I have noticed has several little microclimates)

flash cars (less please- not more)

distance from main road (more=better)

no of children playing in street.

So I nominate Nether Edge as the best part of sheffield because where I live is perfect. (apart from the @~£&$£$! litter)

nether edge has a good part and also some very dodgy parts. if you honestly think however that its better than the areas on my list, and i mean honestly, then vote for other by all means. since the forum only allows 6 alternatives i could only choose 5 areas and an 'other' option. i think i chose the 5 best though to choose from

reply to question about worst areas, i've lived at kelvin, hyde park, park hill and now parson cross.....they're all c--p!

lots of character but i don't mind selling my soul if it gets me to dore

Archived