Christmas Menu at Seasons

Seasons is now taking bookings for the Christmas period, including Christmas day. Our special festive menu is now available online at http://www.seasonsbistrosheffield.co.uk/christmas.htm and mixes our own style of modern British cuisine with just the right amount of christmasy tradition at a price that even Scrooge himself wouldn't "humbug" at!

Group and party bookings are welcome. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss your requirements. Book now to avoid disappointment.

Look out after Christmas too because Seasons will be undergoing some big changes. We'll be bringing you the same high quality food but at a lower price; with more emphasis on organic, more local produce and above all, more Sheffield!

can i have toast with marmite?

Sure, you know where your toaster is, right?

What is "Toasted Sesame Cod" that accompanies the Pea Soup? :confused:

Also, what is "Yorkshire Sauce"? :huh:

What is "Toasted Sesame Cod" that accompanies the Pea Soup? :confused:

Also, what is "Yorkshire Sauce"? :huh:

i) it's a piece of cod fillet encrusted with sesame seeds and grilled. It sits in the middle of the soup and gives the dish an original but very English twist ...like cod and mushy peas basically!

ii) Yorkshire sauce is a redcurrant jelly based sauce with mustard and port in it ...it's sweet and tangy and really compliments the rich, smooth parfait.

i was really disappointed when i went to seasons. i was expecting really good tasty food but i have to say instead it was one of the worst meals i've ever had! I'm hoping it was just the chef having an off night because I've read good things about it (hence going in the first place). Being typically British I didnt complain at the time - I didnt want to spoil the evening further as it was a celebration for my partner but i really hope it was a one off as Sheffield definitely needs more interesting eating places! Not sure I'll be risking it again though.

i was really disappointed when i went to seasons. i was expecting really good tasty food but i have to say instead it was one of the worst meals i've ever had! I'm hoping it was just the chef having an off night because I've read good things about it (hence going in the first place). Being typically British I didnt complain at the time - I didnt want to spoil the evening further as it was a celebration for my partner but i really hope it was a one off as Sheffield definitely needs more interesting eating places! Not sure I'll be risking it again though.

I'm very sad to hear your meal didn't live up to your expectations and I have to say I'm a little surprised. I am by no means on here to brag but I can honestly say that in the year and a bit we've been open we have built up a fairly enviable reputation and have had almost no complaints or dishes sent back, so for you to say it was one of the worst meals you've ever had comes as quite a shock.

I am disappointed that you didn't bring this to our attention at the time and instead chose to air your grievance on a thread I'd started to promote awareness of our Christmas menu, because I assure you, our goal is one of excellence and we would have been more than happy to rectify the issue there and then. We don't want anyone to go away unhappy ...and to be fair to ourselves, the vast majority of our customers don't! Still, I guess you can't please some people.

Perhaps you work for one of our rivals? :D

Just a quick update, we are now taking bookings for Christmas Day. 3 courses for £45.00, space still available so book now!

Are you opend Christmas day.

What will be on the menu?

Any covers left????

always had excellent food at Seasons and its been a while so might treat Mrs. Del Monte to an Xmas meal :)

what are the veggie options and fruit juices please?

I also didn't have a great experience at Seasons. I went in March/April for mothers' day (can't remember when the date was this year). I thought the food was "ok", the place was equally average, and yet I thought it was pretty over-priced for the standard of cooking and service. It had a sort of haphazard, cheap atmosphere, for example the only coffee available was filter coffee but our waitress laughed about our requesting espressos after our food. When we mentioned that the place was very warm (my mother is of that age) the waitress showd us that the control on the radiator was right next to where we were sat and suggested we alter it. I'm certainly more than happy to pay high prices for food if its worth it, but felt that Seasons had an opinion of itself that it didn't live up to.

i would still like to know if i can have toast with marmite - that is typically British fayre?:)