Free Vegan Food? What do you think?

The chances of dyeing by being alive = 100%

Source: Me.

Conclusion: If your reading this, your going to die.

God NO!!! Are you a doctor or something? Should I make out a will?

The chances of dyeing by being alive = 100%

Source: Me.

Conclusion: If your reading this, your going to die.

maybe i'm already dead and this is the after life

I'm neither a vegan nor a vegetarian, I'm an omnivore, as I believe humans are designed to be. After all, it's only in the last hundred years or so, maybe less, that the majority of the population have actually had the luxury of so much choice in their food and have been able to develop a conscience about what they are eating.

10s of 1000s of years ago, hunter-gatherers ate what they could collect/catch, then there was the idea of developing agriculture to grow crops and domesticate animals for food to eat, allowing the human race to grow and become the dominant species on the planet. They could not afford to have a conscience about eating another live creature - they would not have survived.

Mostly folk ate what they could. Vegetarians/vegans were rare.

Every civilisation across the world eats some form of meat or fish.

As for the pregnancy question...... I work with 2 girls who are vegans. The first time one of them was pregnant, her skin developed a dull yellow tinge and her eyes had huge dark circles around them. She looked Ill. By her second pregnancy, she had sorted her diet out and was healthy throughout. Both babies were considered as low birth weight (between 4 and 5 pounds - 7 being average) She feeds them on dairy products, otherwise a vegetarian diet and both children are healthy.

The other girl is bringing up her child as totally vegan and he was recently admitted to hospital as being severely underweight.

As for cancer-causing properties of meat, there are so many "scare stories" about which foods are safe to eat and which are not. There could be another report tomorrow showing that certain meats prevent cancer!!!

Many other factors could combine with meat-eating to cause cancers, such as a genetic predisposition to the disease or environmental factors - I don't believe meat-eating on its own will cause cancer.

Most of the problems with meat (E. coli, salmonella, BSE etc) seem to derive from bad food preparation or the unnatural conditions which the animals are kept in. Free range farming and natural foodstuffs should be the way to go.

Just the way I see it!!!!:lol:

As for the pregnancy question...... I work with 2 girls who are vegans. The first time one of them was pregnant, her skin developed a dull yellow tinge and her eyes had huge dark circles around them. She looked Ill. By her second pregnancy, she had sorted her diet out and was healthy throughout. Both babies were considered as low birth weight (between 4 and 5 pounds - 7 being average) She feeds them on dairy products, otherwise a vegetarian diet and both children are healthy.

The other girl is bringing up her child as totally vegan and he was recently admitted to hospital as being severely underweight.

You do understand though, dont you, that this could be attributed to any number of reasons.

People can look awful during pregnancy for a number of reasons, some people bloom, I was a bloomer during my pregnancy, partly I suppose due to me having a healthy (vegetarian) diet.

As for low birth weight babies, well a friend of mine had a low birth weight baby and that was more than likely due to smoking in pregnancy.

Of course, there are other possibilities - but she said herself that she had to take advice to sort her diet out!!! As I said, once she'd done that, she was fine!!! As for the low birth weight, she doesn't smoke, though there could be other reasons for that as well. It just seemed suspicious to me that both children were low birth weight at full term....

I'm afraid where children are concerned, I don't agree with bringing them up as vegan, I don't think it's a healthy diet for them, but again, that's just the way I see it......

Of course, there are other possibilities - but she said herself that she had to take advice to sort her diet out!!! As I said, once she'd done that, she was fine!!! As for the low birth weight, she doesn't smoke, though there could be other reasons for that as well. It just seemed suspicious to me that both children were low birth weight at full term....

I'm afraid where children are concerned, I don't agree with bringing them up as vegan, I don't think it's a healthy diet for them, but again, that's just the way I see it......

Well, the research carried out by health professionals certainly doesn't support that view.

It probably doesn't!!!! But I've made my own observations and drawn my own conclusions, and like any good scientist, you're questioning them!!!

I could be wrong, but so could the research, there's been so many occasions where previous research has been overturned by more recent work as more evidence is gathered...

So for now, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.....:wave:

aww im working :( otherwise i would

i agree , far too many parents inflict their own beliefs ,ideas and dogma's upon their off-spring, instead of informing their children of the alternative's and letting them develop their own thoughts .

oh and by the way i and my wife have sucessfully raised seven children and we are now helping them bring up theirs.

six grand kids up to press and we're not even 50 yet !!!!!!!!!.

i often wonder how many children these so called " experts" have raised

it seems to me that when people begin to quote stat'setc every one comes up with totally different conclusions drawn from the same info'.

i mean for every one "expert" that claims children fed exclusively on a vegan diet face no ill effects, there is another " expert" that claim's they will.

all my family are omniverous and none of us have had a days illness in our lives.

obviously the odd cold here and there, oh, and chicken pox has made several appearence's but then i guess vegan families could say the same.

Jeez... I read the first post and never expected in to get into such a debate.

I've been veggie for over 10 yrs and its the best thing I have ever done for my health, mind, weight ... everything :)

It amuses me that when you tell people they ask you 50 questions about why, whats the poiint etc...

food fayre was excellento!! the food was amazing i loved it soooo much.