Eyam walk this Sunday 3rd December

Wont be able to make this walk soz , just got alot to do at moment , might be after xmas i get again , hope you all enjoy it but dont ask scubz to open any bottles for ya he's useless ,lol

I've now got the Peak District timetable book. Grissom is right - the only other return bus is 18 55. I will take the book to the pub tonight, but I thought I'd confirm that on here too. The morning bus times that scubz posted are correct.

And yes, Albert, it goes via Fox House.

Slightly tipsy hello!

We've confabbed at t'pub, andf we've decided that we'll be doing another figure of eight walk with a break in the middle, going up onto the ridge first half, for threeeish miles, then looping to Stoney Middleton second half. If people only want to do the first half then hang out in the pub while we traipse round the second then meet upo again, that's cool. :)

Slightly tipsy hello!

We've confabbed at t'pub, andf we've decided that we'll be doing another figure of eight walk with a break in the middle, going up onto the ridge first half, for threeeish miles, then looping to Stoney Middleton second half. If people only want to do the first half then hang out in the pub while we traipse round the second then meet upo again, that's cool. :)

ok purdy, we get yoor drift!

glad you had a good time, and could let your hair down, was a good meet wasn`t it?

lets keep an eye on the weather forecast, and keep our fingers crossed for good weather shall we?

see ye later

scooby doo

Ey ! I might be up for this one after all. But don`t owd y breath.

Bless you Scubz, I shall get my people to talk to your people. :hihi:

Take no notice of him Feargal, you go enjoy your mucky weekend.

What a gorgeous day! We bravely defied the severe weather warnings and were once again treated to a crisp sunny and mild day. It was windy up on the ridge, but not unbearably so.

Eyam is such an interesting place - not just because of al the plague stuff, but the little details round and about that make it distinct. It also has a nice feel to it in terms of the tourist/local balance. The views from the ridge are pretty much 360 degrees. You feel on top of the world.

We had a fantastic pot of tea and cake at the tea rooms halfway through our day, and ended it with a couple of fine pints at The Miners' Arms. It's a pity more people didn't venture out today. Even if the weather turns out bad on one of our trips, we'll just hunker down in a cafe or pub and make a day of it nonetheless. :)

The wind made my camera shake, but will these do?

purdyamos, would you mind is I used your picture of the Lane (Eyam Photos)as a desktop for my PC? I would appreciate it. :)

How many of you intrepid walkers turned up for this one?

The wind made my camera shake, but will these do

Super photos Purdy!

Not much to add to Purdy's post - it was a fab day out, pity it was just the 3 of us ! Many thanks to Scubz for the lift and Purdy for guiding us round with the map :thumbsup:

Photos are on my site at http://www.rtapper.plus.com - click on the Eyam and Foolow link and look at the pics with 'new' under them :)

Wow, Grissom, you certainly had the knack with that alpaca! All those blown kisses and sweet nothings paid off! :hihi:

And as for that empty signpost on Sir William Hill - it's crying out for a Sheffield Forum official walking group unofficial walk official photography unofficial caption competition.