Eyam walk this Sunday 3rd December

Unofficial Forum walk this Sunday 3rd December around the village of Eyam. Full details of how far, and where the walk will go, are going to be decided at this Thursdays Walkers Group pub meet at the Cask and Cutler. Any input would be appreciated, either on this thread, or at the meet.

There are limited buses on a Sunday to Eyam, but there is a convenient one leaves Pond Street at 9.30 (service no 65 operated by tm travel), arriving at eyam at 10.09.

Buses return at either 15.42 or 17.12.

Bearing this in mind, a good time to meet for bus travellers and car users would be 10.15 at St Lawrences church in Eyam

If I'm not bedridden again this weekend I shall be there. I'll probably take along a sheaf of papers with the plague story and where to find old and sad things.

If I'm not bedridden again this weekend I shall be there. I'll probably take along a sheaf of papers with the plague story and where to find old and sad things.

talking old and sad things........just look for the old sad looking fella outside the church with a map, a flat cap and bemused look on his face, and you`ll find the walk leader, haha

Hey this should be a cool walk. Hoping to make it this time ! Went to Foolow as well when I went to Eyam and the buildings and well dressings were fab !

Gotta love these officially unofficial gatherings of persons belonging to the official SF walking Group :P

Trust that there will be the unofficially required mix of males to females, humans to dogs, and of course coffee shops to pubs :thumbsup:

To be honest, Grissom, the very existence of the walking group appears to have officially become unofficial. ;)

I was hoping we could sneak a visit to the village museum to eyeball some torment and horror, and contemplate groins and necks erupting with bloody pus. I thought that was the point of our pleasant sunday morning jaunt! Unfortunately it's closed for the winter. Bah! It just means we'll have to spend longer in the warm embrace of The Miner's Arms. Sorry to disappoint you all. :D

Damn you all, Forum Walking Group! :rant: Why do you organise things when I can't go?!

Or is it that you are doing it on purpose :suspect:

I was hoping we could sneak a visit to the village museum to eyeball some torment and horror, and contemplate groins and necks erupting with bloody pus. Unfortunately it's closed for the winter.

I have fallen out with the museum, last time I went I took the kids in because they love Eyam and the gory stuff. Obviously they exclaimed gasps of wow and yuck as they read the exhibits, only for the doddery old curator to come and tell them to shut up and be quiet as its a museum and stop putting their fingers on the writing. (little one was only 7) :rant:

So they are off my list of places to go.

Damn you all, Forum Walking Group! :rant: Why do you organise things when I can't go?!

Or is it that you are doing it on purpose :suspect:

Quote "We do you organise things when I can`t go?!"

Well my dear, contrary to what you think, the walks aren`t organised for dates that you can`t go, they are organised to attract people who are free to meet other "free" people on weekends when they have nothing else to do! You "can`t go" because you have more social engagements than bloody Prince Charles which has restricted you to fleeting, occasional, but much-appreciatedl appearances up to now!

Hows about getting your secretary to check your 2007 diary and getting him/her to let us know any free dates for the following year, for us to arrange something that you will be able to attend?

(See you tomorrow night, lol)

Bless you Scubz, I shall get my people to talk to your people. :hihi:

Hi

Just been having a look at the route and on the timetable valid from 04 November, the return times are 1540 and then 1855 :

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/NR/rdonlyres/99A6E01B-2B39-476C-8EAE-797E91EC5E92/0/65218240SheffieldValidFrom4thNovember2006.pdf

Just thought I should check with you that the times in your thread are correct, as they are different from those in the timetable above

:confused:

Unofficial Forum walk this Sunday 3rd December around the village of Eyam. Full details of how far, and where the walk will go, are going to be decided at this Thursdays Walkers Group pub meet at the Cask and Cutler. Any input would be appreciated, either on this thread, or at the meet.

There are limited buses on a Sunday to Eyam, but there is a convenient one leaves Pond Street at 9.30 (service no 65 operated by tm travel), arriving at eyam at 10.09.

Buses return at either 15.42 or 17.12.

Bearing this in mind, a good time to meet for bus travellers and car users would be 10.15 at St Lawrences church in Eyam

Which route does the bus take? Via Fox House, or Owler Bar, Baslow?

Which route does the bus take? Via Fox House, or Owler Bar, Baslow?

The 65 goes via Fox House

I think!!