1. 1. which console will sell the best?

• Nintendo wii
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360

you get those type of games too

the gamecube has the likes of burnout and medal of honour

aswell as those classic full of gameplay ........."kiddiewinkle" games

oh and im 37 :P

Just seen the tv advert for Red Steel...and WOW!

Just seen the tv advert for Red Steel...and WOW!

ah the fps type game with the swords etc?

looks cool proper stab and slash with the remote etc

i reakon the wii is going surprise everyone. due to sony's aweful lanch planning and price, that'll eat into its market share, plus they're losing LOADS of money on each system. microsoft are doing alright, and i admit that gears looks very cool, but basically both sony and microsoft will just be bringing out the same model of games with prettier graphics.

the whole new experience of gameplay with the wii will

a) get loads of people playing the games, appealing to new gamers (wii sports, play, elsbits) nintendo fan boys (mario, link) AND other gamers (metroid - awesome, call of duty, NFS)

b) with all these new people playing, nintendo will fighting off third party developers, who will also be loving the cheap development costs

AND (when) on-line gameplay comes in (i know it could take a while) it'll be just awesome, look at the DS??

also, just think about this, super smash brawl...... ON-LINE!!!

basically, nintendo have got it down and if nothing goes horribly wrong, their on track to increase their market share, AND increase the market aas a whole! i'm not saying that it'll completely surpass sony and microsoft, cos that aint going to happen, but what i am saying to all those sceptics is that this is the way forward for video games. i agree with eric_collins and that sony and microsoft will be bringing out controllers like nintendo, cos they both recognise the potential! and don't try and fob off that the ps3 controller is already there. that was a last minute add on, cos they knew it would matter. most of the games make limited use of it and is not very well calibrated.....

wii will rule!

In my opinion, I think MS will overtake Sony in the console dominance race. Sony have been blighted by 2 release setbacks and since then even some of the more loyal Sony fans I know have become frustrated and moved to Xbox360. Whilst their is no doubt the PS3 will be a far superior gaming console, The initial release price for the console and games will probably deter alot of casual gamers.

on what basis do you reckon the ps3 will be a far superior console? not that it means anything but it is actually minutely less powerfull then the 360.

on what basis do you reckon the ps3 will be a far superior console? not that it means anything but it is actually minutely less powerfull then the 360.

He's a Sony zealot... They'll defend their precious Sony house bricks to the death... :lol:

I think for the next year,the wii will be on top of the competition.But when xbox 360 and ps3 start using the full capabilities of the machines then there will be no competition.You have to remember blu ray disk is a generation even further than what 360 and wii are.I believe Microsoft and nintendo will one day have to bring a console out once more to compete with the ps3 in the future.

He's a Sony zealot... They'll defend their precious Sony house bricks to the death... :lol:

No rich, I am a complete neutral and show no loyalty...I go where the best gaming experiences take me. But I am also a casual gamer and I will not justify a 400 quid console with game titles £60 a pop.

Dark horse? More like, um, "awesomest horse". Got mine preordered; tommorow afternoon I'll be playing a new Zelda game. Woo.

And anyway, I don't see how it can be considered a "dark horse". There are only 3 in the, er, running, and at the moment Nintendo is second in sales. Probably first in profit, too.

zelda does look really good.I was convinced i wasnt gonna get it til later this year but i think now ill be getting it much sooner.As for the ps3 ill wait til next year when price comes down.I think some people will get it for the sake of it,some people are just really impatient too even though its only a couple of months.

zelda does look really good.I was convinced i wasnt gonna get it til later this year but i think now ill be getting it much sooner.As for the ps3 ill wait til next year when price comes down.I think some people will get it for the sake of it,some people are just really impatient too even though its only a couple of months.

later this year?

sooner?

not much of the year left, and nintendo have said theyve sold out almost everywhere already, and its not out till midnight

so if you aint pre booked

oooohhh

They might sell out on launch day (but then this is England...we seem to dislike Nintendo) like in America, but there will still be more consoles in stores before Christmas. Many places have their initial shipments for the 8th, but are getting more a week or so later.

so whos getting a wii tomorow, i am. And even booked a day off for a loooong zelda session.