Sign in to follow this  

Bowling for Columbine

Out to rent in your local Blockbuster.

It's a satirical look by Michael Moore at America's obsession with guns, and the damage that they cause - at times hilarious, at times gruesome, and the CCTV recordings from the Columbine massacre are chilling.

Well worth watching.

Champion League final is on tonight! I know what I'll be watching!! Thanks anyway!

Originally posted by "Mike"

Out to rent in your local Blockbuster.

It's a satirical look by Michael Moore at America's obsession with guns, and the damage that they cause - at times hilarious, at times gruesome, and the CCTV recordings from the Columbine massacre are chilling.

Well worth watching.

Might have to give it a view!

It's well worth a watch - at one point they show a bank which is also a gun-shop, and gives out a rifle when you open a certain account. The bank don't even see the irony of this situation...

His book 'Stupid White Men' is hilarious (and spine chilling at the same time). It's available pretty much anywhere.

'Downsize this' is also a masterpiece.

It's funny that he simply couldn't get aired in the US on any mainstreamTV, and his first network appearances were on BBC2.

He is widely hated by the American Right, who see him as a dangerous clown filling peoples heads with pinko subversive nonsense.

His Oscar Speech, however, earned him a whole lotta disrespect from the wussy liberal hollywood democrats too.

Anyone who is hated that much merely for his message is pretty interesting by definition.

Originally posted by "Phanerothyme"

His book 'Stupid White Men' is hilarious (and spine chilling at the same time). It's available pretty much anywhere.

It's currently on the "books to be read" pile at home....

It's funny that he simply couldn't get aired in the US on any mainstreamTV, and his first network appearances were on BBC2.

His old shows were excellent, I like the one where he was finding out how many Americans knew what the capital of Canada is......depressingly low.

It's currently on the "books to be read" pile at home....

His old shows were excellent, I like the one where he was finding out how many Americans knew what the capital of Canada is......depressingly low.

And what IS the capital of Canada?

Ottowa (I hope!!)

But I suppose it's like us not knowing what the capital of Scotland is or something - it is Glasgow isn't it :wink:

Ottowa (I hope!!)

But I suppose it's like us not knowing what the capital of Scotland is or something - it is Glasgow isn't it :wink:

Erm yeah... and isn't the capital of Wales, Liverpool or summat :wink:

Ottowa (I hope!!)

Grrr.

"Bowling..." is a great piece of doc filming, and should be required viewing for anyone who wishes to hold an opinion on gun control in the US.

Grrr? Are you Scottish perhchance?

Mr Moore's Oscar speech:

Whoa. On behalf of our producers Kathleen Glynn and Michael Donovan from Canada, I'd like to thank the Academy for this. I have invited my fellow documentary nominees on the stage with us, and we would like to - they're here in solidarity with me because we like non-fiction.

We like non-fiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons.

Whether it's the fictition of duct tape or fictition of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr Bush. Shame on you, Mr Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up. Thank you very much.

Grrr? Are you Scottish perhchance?

You bet your sweet ass I am.