Bowling for Columbine

Mike

Out to rent in your local Blockbuster.

It's a satirical look by Michael Moore at America's obsession with guns, and the damage that they cause - at times hilarious, at times gruesome, and the CCTV recordings from the Columbine massacre are chilling.

Well worth watching.

Originally posted by "Mike"

Out to rent in your local Blockbuster.

It's a satirical look by Michael Moore at America's obsession with guns, and the damage that they cause - at times hilarious, at times gruesome, and the CCTV recordings from the Columbine massacre are chilling.

Well worth watching.

Might have to give it a view!

It's well worth a watch - at one point they show a bank which is also a gun-shop, and gives out a rifle when you open a certain account. The bank don't even see the irony of this situation...

His book 'Stupid White Men' is hilarious (and spine chilling at the same time). It's available pretty much anywhere.

'Downsize this' is also a masterpiece.

It's funny that he simply couldn't get aired in the US on any mainstreamTV, and his first network appearances were on BBC2.

He is widely hated by the American Right, who see him as a dangerous clown filling peoples heads with pinko subversive nonsense.

His Oscar Speech, however, earned him a whole lotta disrespect from the wussy liberal hollywood democrats too.

Anyone who is hated that much merely for his message is pretty interesting by definition.

Originally posted by "Phanerothyme"

His book 'Stupid White Men' is hilarious (and spine chilling at the same time). It's available pretty much anywhere.

It's currently on the "books to be read" pile at home....

It's funny that he simply couldn't get aired in the US on any mainstreamTV, and his first network appearances were on BBC2.

His old shows were excellent, I like the one where he was finding out how many Americans knew what the capital of Canada is......depressingly low.

It's currently on the "books to be read" pile at home....

His old shows were excellent, I like the one where he was finding out how many Americans knew what the capital of Canada is......depressingly low.

And what IS the capital of Canada?

Ottowa (I hope!!)

But I suppose it's like us not knowing what the capital of Scotland is or something - it is Glasgow isn't it :wink:

Erm yeah... and isn't the capital of Wales, Liverpool or summat :wink:

Ottowa (I hope!!)

But I suppose it's like us not knowing what the capital of Scotland is or something - it is Glasgow isn't it :wink:

Grrr.

"Bowling..." is a great piece of doc filming, and should be required viewing for anyone who wishes to hold an opinion on gun control in the US.

Archived