Bouncers at the Forum on Division Street - Violent, untrained thugs?

takes 2 to tango i know if i was a police officer and had to belive 2 people 1 who was sober and a trained individual and another who was under the influence of alcohol and made out an assault had taken place i think i would be safe enough to say whose version of events i would believe

no it doesnt take 2, it takes 1 stupid bouncer in a bad mood to kick things off, i know of a few bouncers round sheff who like nothing more than a good scrap, ive even seen bouncers start on someone for no reason just because they could, they even know where the blind spots are where the cameras cant see, dont make out these people are innocent, what a load of crap!

simple english. a reaction a caring parent would probably do if your child was in danger. protect your child by any means necessary.

Ahh yes I get what you're saying! sorry, i did'nt understand why you'd pity him but know what you mean now

Myself, my partner and two friends spent the night in the Fourm last night. About 12.30 we decided to go next door to the Common Room, but when we got outside it was closed, so my girlfriend asked the bouncers (literally ten seconds after we left) if we could go back in to the Forum, at which point we were told "You've not been in here tonight". The moment I said "We have, we left..." I got an elbow to the throat. Small guy, five feet or so. Supposedly a professional, trained bouncer. The whole incident then escalated because I took offence to this, asked to see the manager, and then the insults started flying.

"You're drunk mate, take your dog of a girlfriend and **** off home" etc. etc. It was like some sort of setup to be honest. I could not believe I was being spoken to like this. This came from one of the other bouncers, whilst the little one who attacked me stood cowering at the back, presumably embarrassed by what he had just done. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the manager came out, obviously took the side of the bouncers even though he had seen nothing, and refused to listen to me. We got photographs of the bouncers concerned, however, we feel powerless. Not sure if there are any CCTV cameras, hopefully there are, but I expect them to be grainy black and white with no sound. The fact that we had all been out drinking automatically excludes any sort of argument we might have, even though this did not in anyway acerbate the situation.

At no point up until the moment of the assault were any of us violent or aggressive, and even after being assaulted and have my girlfriend called all the names under the sun, I never once raised my fists and only returned the insults after they got so bad I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

These people are put in a position of power and unfortunately they dangerously abuse it. They are there to calm and control, not to incite violence and wind people up. We are (dare I say it) approaching middle age at 30, all have professional jobs and houses, and are well educated. None of us were overly drunk, and certainly none of us were aggressive. These violent thugs took it upon themselves to create a bad situation out of nothing, and then fail to deal with it so badly that it is now getting reported to the police.

These people should simply not be doing the job they are doing, and if they are, then maybe the Forum should at least train them adequately.

Absolutely disgusted.

You date a dog? That's wierd.

Myself, my partner and two friends spent the night in the Fourm last night. About 12.30 we decided to go next door to the Common Room, but when we got outside it was closed, so my girlfriend asked the bouncers (literally ten seconds after we left) if we could go back in to the Forum, at which point we were told "You've not been in here tonight". The moment I said "We have, we left..." I got an elbow to the throat. Small guy, five feet or so. Supposedly a professional, trained bouncer. The whole incident then escalated because I took offence to this, asked to see the manager, and then the insults started flying.

"You're drunk mate, take your dog of a girlfriend and **** off home" etc. etc. It was like some sort of setup to be honest. I could not believe I was being spoken to like this. This came from one of the other bouncers, whilst the little one who attacked me stood cowering at the back, presumably embarrassed by what he had just done. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the manager came out, obviously took the side of the bouncers even though he had seen nothing, and refused to listen to me. We got photographs of the bouncers concerned, however, we feel powerless. Not sure if there are any CCTV cameras, hopefully there are, but I expect them to be grainy black and white with no sound. The fact that we had all been out drinking automatically excludes any sort of argument we might have, even though this did not in anyway acerbate the situation.

At no point up until the moment of the assault were any of us violent or aggressive, and even after being assaulted and have my girlfriend called all the names under the sun, I never once raised my fists and only returned the insults after they got so bad I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

These people are put in a position of power and unfortunately they dangerously abuse it. They are there to calm and control, not to incite violence and wind people up. We are (dare I say it) approaching middle age at 30, all have professional jobs and houses, and are well educated. None of us were overly drunk, and certainly none of us were aggressive. These violent thugs took it upon themselves to create a bad situation out of nothing, and then fail to deal with it so badly that it is now getting reported to the police.

These people should simply not be doing the job they are doing, and if they are, then maybe the Forum should at least train them adequately.

Absolutely disgusted.

Name and shame. You've made a start by posting it on here, now go on all the local clubbing/social/going out sites and tell them the same story. You should also have taken his picture with your phone for help in reporting it later.

The door supervisor in question at the Forum is not a white male is infact an asian male who i have seen working in several city centre venues over the past 4 years through going out i also believe he is also a very keen boxer who is very disiplined and calm trust me my friend if he had hit you with his elbow i doubt you would be on here writing about it i have seen that man in action and it is a frightening thing for that small minority of individuals who go out generally looking for trouble.I suggest you make a complaint to the police they will probably laugh at you on the basic facts you have provided in relation to the description.You were under the influence of alcohol and if you had a case surely the police would have attended.I am a frequent visiter to the forum and disagree totally with what the user has said.

The Police wouldn't laugh at him ,they take assaults very seriously and regardless of a persons drunkeness would have followed this up when they believed the person was physically able to give a statement.

I think this doorman may have made a costly error here and too hope that the assaulted party makes a formal complaint to the proper authorities. The ladies and gentleman that look after the doors of pubs and clubs should understand that they are there to maintain order and conduct themselves accordingly.

Unfortunately, there are not many gorrilla's in Sheffield that own half a brain !!

no it doesnt take 2, it takes 1 stupid bouncer in a bad mood to kick things off, i know of a few bouncers round sheff who like nothing more than a good scrap, ive even seen bouncers start on someone for no reason just because they could, they even know where the blind spots are where the cameras cant see, dont make out these people are innocent, what a load of crap!

WELL SAID 7HILLS!!!!!!! MY SON GOT BEAT UP WITH A BOUNCER AWAY FROM C.C.T.V IN ROTHERHAM, HE DID NOTHING WRONG AND GOT HIS JAW BROKEN... I WENT TO SHEFFIELD STAR AND SHAMED THE BOUNCERS, SAYING THEY TAKE THE LAW INTO THERE OWN HAND, AND THE LAW SHOULD BE CHANGED.THEY KNOW JUST WHERE TO PLACE A PUNCH TO DO THE MOST DAMAGE TO A PERSON.

Seems there are a few CCTV-less areas.

Inside information?

Seems like you know him quite well, how do you know that it's this bouncer though, since he doesn't fit the description

They aren't psychic, so unless they were called why would they have attended?

How does being a frequent visitor give you the ability to comment on an incident that you didn't see and in effect to call the OP a liar?

Are you the short bouncer in question? Or one of his coworkers maybe?

Totally agree with what you said Cyclone. This really does sound as if he is somehow affiliated!

It is now reported to the police as of last night. We were able to provide a very accurate description as we did in fact take photos. This has been logged by the police in their licensing department, and is also being forwarded onto the SIA. I don't expect it to get anywhere further as the police woman said they would likely try to claim that I was in the wrong. However, they will now be getting visits from the police to check on their badges etc. I'm happy enough with this. Thanks for all the help and advice, apart from of course the people coming on here and telling me I was in the wrong and it's my fault because I had been drinking. You weren't even there, idiots. Nothing excuses behaving like a Steroid-pumped Neanderthal. Unless of course you are one.

Nothing excuses behaving like a Steroid-pumped Neanderthal. Unless of course you are one.

That is possibly the funniest end to a thread I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

heavy DIVY u and me both know what really happened that nite you are 1 lier u sure u not a politition? give my love to ur dump truck of a girlfriend c u again soon. love GeEzA

...and there's the Scooby Doo ending where we find out GeEzA WAS the bouncer in question all along.

Perfect!

Last night these two bouncers

And one of em's alright

The other one's the scary one

His way or no way, totalatarian

He's got no time for you

Looking or breathing

How he don't want you to

So step out the queue

He makes examples of you

And there's nowt you can say

Behind they go through to the bit where you pay