Does anyone remember Blaskeys

blaskeys at darnall across from alan cycles(another old name) i can remeber my dad taking me there and eventually buying stuff from there myself shame it closed they were always helpful

i worked at gees from 1964 to 1969 and remember most of the names mentioned,i remember tom but he left not long after i started.i met my wife at gees,anne,and we are still together,i was a driver and then worked in warehouse,eventually taking over from alan elliot in wallpaper dept. when he left.anyone remember who i am? Thursday nights half of gees used to go to the grapes at dalton,one of the few pubs with a dj in those days,i went with ian tivendale another driver at gees.

Edited by jackanne
more info.

Ian Blaskey runs a student letting business from an office on Ecclesall Road, he married one of the late Cyril Caplan's daughters.

Blimey I did some temping work for Cyril Caplan when he had office just off the Moor, I was sorry to hear that he had died. He was a lovely old guy and was waiting to go for heart op when I was working for him. I believe he didn't get over the op. He once made me a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel for my lunch. It was the nicest sandwich I have ever tasted:D:love:

Ian Blaskey runs a student letting business from an office on Ecclesall Road, he married one of the late Cyril Caplan's daughters.

Did you know ,Ian Blaskey owned and ran a ladies and gents Boutique,but

mainly Ladies designer outfits. "Cost me a arm and leg to keep the ex happy "

The Boutique was on Cambridge Street just up from the hair salon ,in the

mid 70's

One of the first jobs I worked on with my old boss, was for Ian blaskey and his wife.

It was an extension on their large stone house in baslow. This was about 1989/1990.

The cleaning lady used to make us the occasional discreet cuppa, as the lady of the house had left instruction, not to make the builders a drink. Nice.

i worked at gees from 1964 to 1969 and remember most of the names mentioned,i remember tom but he left not long after i started.i met my wife at gees,anne,and we are still together,i was a driver and then worked in warehouse,eventually taking over from alan elliot in wallpaper dept. when he left.anyone remember who i am? Thursday nights half of gees used to go to the grapes at dalton,one of the few pubs with a dj in those days,i went with ian tivendale another driver at gees.

I worked at Gees from 1961 to 1965, and am wracking my brain to think who you are. Give us a bit of a clue! Incidentally, I have been in touch with Sue Lunney, Melvyn Booker and John Firminger who I think you may know. Guessed who I am yet?

I was a van driver to start with and then worked in warehouse,malcolm lindley was in charge of paint dept.and i finished up in charge of wallpaper dept.john firminger was there at the time but i think he left before me.remember most of the people you mentioned,can you remember gees xmas parties for staff and customers,usually at embassy on mansfield road? my name is jack,give me a clue to what your job was at gees.

I was a van driver to start with and then worked in warehouse,malcolm lindley was in charge of paint dept.and i finished up in charge of wallpaper dept.john firminger was there at the time but i think he left before me.remember most of the people you mentioned,can you remember gees xmas parties for staff and customers,usually at embassy on mansfield road? my name is jack,give me a clue to what your job was at gees.

I was a van driver to start with and then I worked on wallpaper with John Firminger. I used to help out on trade counter as well, and drive when they were short of drivers. I left in September 65. In a previous post you said that you remembered me, but I can't bring you to mind (Jack). I do remember the Embassy do's. In fact I unearthed a photo of me and Norman Driver with Mr & Mrs Thorpe of Whitwell (good customers). Does this help?

Sorry i don't remember you i cannot remember what month i started in 65 but it was probably after you left as i do not remember any lady van drivers.

Not to worry it was all along time ago.I have bumped into a few people over

the years,charlie fenton was a national express coach driver for many years,

i saw alan boden a few years ago and he was a van driver.Once met brian rattigan in a cafe,but that was about twenty years ago.Ian Tivendale was working in b+q a couple of years ago.Four years ago i got a job in a cash and carry on corner of shoreham street and matilda street,the sandwich shop next to matilda pub was still there and run by the son of the person who had it in the 60s,Mr.Jarvis.It has since shut down.

Sorry i don't remember you i cannot remember what month i started in 65 but it was probably after you left as i do not remember any lady van drivers.

Not to worry it was all along time ago.I have bumped into a few people over

the years,charlie fenton was a national express coach driver for many years,

i saw alan boden a few years ago and he was a van driver.Once met brian rattigan in a cafe,but that was about twenty years ago.Ian Tivendale was working in b+q a couple of years ago.Four years ago i got a job in a cash and carry on corner of shoreham street and matilda street,the sandwich shop next to matilda pub was still there and run by the son of the person who had it in the 60s,Mr.Jarvis.It has since shut down.

Where did you get to think I was female? Better tell you who I am - Tom Porter. You did say in a previous post that you remembered Tom, presume that was me?

Oops! sorry tom,i think you were talking to someone called susan and i got you mixed up.I do remember you,i think you were quite tall and hung around with john firminger.I was a driver on donaster run most of the time before moving into warehouse,but i think you left not long after i started.

Oops! sorry tom,i think you were talking to someone called susan and i got you mixed up.I do remember you,i think you were quite tall and hung around with john firminger.I was a driver on donaster run most of the time before moving into warehouse,but i think you left not long after i started.

You've got it! Did you replace Brian Moat on the Doncaster run? If you were out driving most of the time, I probably wouldn't see much of you. What is your surname?